Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
Hiya Bru,

They do the normal thing of lurk in the tunnel, then out quicky to grab a bit of food and then back, so I maybe have a max of 3 seconds to take the shot even if using Peanut nutter. I get some warning of activity from the kitchen where I can see down the tunnel if sat using the laptop, so then go into the front room, load and wait and let them have a couple of nibbles before they get the bad news.

It's just easier on my eyes and a clearer shot to have the crosshairs poised then using open sights as the target area and background are very dark contrast wise, I often use low green light on the crosshairs because of this.

I used a bit of twine taut from muzzle to bait to get the range, then replicated this to set zero, so the gun is pellet on pellet and I am 100% happy to do headshots. I have used .22 before and had the odd runner, (which never makes it back far), or the odd nerve shot where they jump, which the missus does not like

Normally get just one or two adults before they spook, but have got 5 greys on one occasion (must have been a stupid litter).

ATB, Ed
Hi, Ed

Ta for that. 'Every days a school-day', as they say. Our next door neighbour but one has just started keeping chickens - haven't seen any rats yet, but they'll probably be about soon...Wonder if I can use it as an excuse to buy a .25? (Wife hates rats so much it's a phobia, can't even see them on TV without feeling sick).

ATB

Bru