Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: is there anyone else that likes the Relum Telly 200 ?

is there anyone else that likes the Relum Telly 200 ?

The Relum Telly 200 or known as the LP25, i dont know why people dont like them they are not that bad, i once won a ft competion with my relum telly costing £7 second hand back in 1984 i bought it on a thursday night and used it on the sunday in a ft competion and won in a shoot off against someone with a hw77 venom costing £300 and another £300 for the scope they had, so is there anyone else still have one and use ?

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    The Relum Telly 200 or known as the LP25, i dont know why people dont like them they are not that bad, i once won a ft competion with my relum telly costing £7 second hand back in 1984 i bought it on a thursday night and used it on the sunday in a ft competion and won in a shoot off against someone with a hw77 venom costing £300 and another £300 for the scope they had, so is there anyone else still have one and use ?
    Not sure which one I had back in the day but sure it was the telly, I had the tornado years later but from what I remember that little relum without any spring guides etc, Just a end cap was a very good gun, Sure mine had an airsporter spring and some spacers if I remember rightly, Could shoot some great distances with that back then.

My mates brother bought him one second hand in the late 80s .

We used to be out all the time with it .

Mostly had bushmaster 4x20 scopes on it . He would buy a scope every month if I remember right as they were so cheap and did not last long on the rifle .

I had the use of a relum back about 1978, never had a problem, was a bit twangy, I'm guessing there were no spring guides, it was accurate enough, I liked it.

Quote Originally Posted by guitardan View Post
    I had the use of a relum back about 1978, never had a problem, was a bit twangy, I'm guessing there were no spring guides, it was accurate enough, I liked it.
    Yeaaa I think they are better made than the chinese guns today and the Relum can be made to shoot well.

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    The wobbly thin trigger always horrifies me, though I won several. They are solid and fun.

I can remember buying one brand new in the late 80s for the sum of £36 I remember another member on here "wayne-q" lending me some extra money to get one so I we could still go for a pint that night "it was a Saturday" im sure there was no name on it other than Hungary on the breach block I shot loads with that gun back in the day they had Relum jelly telly on the box the bluing seemed super back in the day --but after a strip and clean and re-lube it shot great and possible very close to 12lb or it might have being over "no chrono back then" ---I remember one lad having the tornado and his father saying your better off strapping a pen knife to the end like a bayonet and stabbing the rats

did you ever pay me back? ha ha

Relum

I've really got a soft spot for the old Relums, and FEG who I believe were the manufacturers were quite ahead of there time , have a look at the Relum Repetier rifle and the Relum Hurricane pistol from the 1960's to see where El Gamo got some of their ideas from, that is unless El Gamo come up with the idea first and FEG copied them ? ..
    Rgds Kev

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    I can remember buying one brand new in the late 80s for the sum of £36 I remember another member on here "wayne-q" lending me some extra money to get one so I we could still go for a pint that night "it was a Saturday" im sure there was no name on it other than Hungary on the breach block I shot loads with that gun back in the day they had Relum jelly telly on the box the bluing seemed super back in the day --but after a strip and clean and re-lube it shot great and possible very close to 12lb or it might have being over "no chrono back then" ---I remember one lad having the tornado and his father saying your better off strapping a pen knife to the end like a bayonet and stabbing the rats
    I got my .22 relum telly for christmas in 1972, i know it cost £10.25 new at that time the price was on the box i also got 5 tins of eley wasp from my uncle at the time and took 4 tins back to the sports shop and swapped them for 4 tins of marksman pellets as the wasps were to tight in it, i shot a lot with that relum and used it in the early day of ft competitions and it was doing 10 ft lbs, the relum telly was my first real air rifle and learned to shoot with useing open sights only ( even though it shot to the right at 30 yards and i used the right hand side of the front sight cover to hit anything ) i had many pigeons walking threw the woods on a moonlite night, that is why i like and still have a relum telly today.

Quote Originally Posted by wayne.q View Post
    did you ever pay me back? ha ha
    You no I cant remember

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    I got my .22 relum telly for christmas in 1972, i know it cost £10.25 new at that time the price was on the box i also got 5 tins of eley wasp from my uncle at the time and took 4 tins back to the sports shop and swapped them for 4 tins of marksman pellets as the wasps were to tight in it, i shot a lot with that relum and used it in the early day of ft competitions and it was doing 10 ft lbs, the relum telly was my first real air rifle and learned to shoot with useing open sights only ( even though it shot to the right at 30 yards and i used the right hand side of the front sight cover to hit anything ) i had many pigeons walking threw the woods on a moonlite night, that is why i like and still have a relum telly today.
    Good memories mate as the other member says "did you pay me back"!! I presume you guessed it --it was Wayne who bought the first one and loaned me the penny's that day --it was them days we then jumped on to the train to Newcastle from Sunderland to go to a place called Westgate road "that's where all the motorbike shops are" to buy a battery to use for lamping with a hand held halogen lamp from Halfords we walked many a mile carrying them relums --battery and lamp

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    Good memories mate as the other member says "did you pay me back"!! I presume you guessed it --it was Wayne who bought the first one and loaned me the penny's that day --it was them days we then jumped on to the train to Newcastle from Sunderland to go to a place called Westgate road "that's where all the motorbike shops are" to buy a battery to use for lamping with a hand held halogen lamp from Halfords we walked many a mile carrying them relums --battery and lamp
    Yep the old lead acid battery we use to put it on charge in the cow shed to go lamping that night, home made wooden box blimmy they was heavy great times.

This thread has made me decide to add a relum to my collection. Terrible lot you are lol

Quote Originally Posted by guitardan View Post
    This thread has made me decide to add a relum to my collection. Terrible lot you are lol
    Good you will find out after a bit of work they are good air rifles, spread the word lol.