Thread: is there anyone else that likes the Relum Telly 200 ?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    I believe this one, It says Jelly on the badge!

It's in very good overall condition but needs a rearsight, I was given it by a member on here, He inherited it but it wasn't his sort of thing

I don't actually know what it shoots like, Not fired it yet

John
    Protek have rear sights for these, cant remember the exact price, but less than a tenner!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Protek have rear sights for these, cant remember the exact price, but less than a tenner!

Hi Pete

I looked at the parts sites, Also googled images and none of them are the same as the base on this rifle!, Strange!, The just seem to be a very shallow dovetail, On this one there seems to be base block!

EDIT- Here's a pic that I borrowed from t'interweb, It shows the sights that are being sold by Protek, Knibbs and Chambers, It's nowhere near as deep as the base that's on mine, I wonder if on mine someone tried fitting a different sight

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

an old school mate had one of these,bought from a catalog and it used to shoot very well,just went off with a dull thud and little recoil.i can't remember him having any trouble hitting things with it.i thought the tornado was terrible both to shoot and especially to look at.another thing about the jelly i remember was when you cocked it there was no effort for about 3/4 of the stroke then loads of effort to finish the last bit,if i see a nice one at a boot sale i'll buy it,quite liked the workman like build and pale stock.

Hi Pete

I looked at the parts sites, Also googled images and none of them are the same as the base on this rifle!, Strange!, The just seem to be a very shallow dovetail, On this one there seems to be base block!

EDIT- Here's a pic that I borrowed from t'interweb, It shows the sights that are being sold by Protek, Knibbs and Chambers, It's nowhere near as deep as the base that's on mine, I wonder if on mine someone tried fitting a different sight

John
    John, that sight in the picture looks like a Pre war Haenal or Diana sight. It is not the same as the Relum sights sold by Protek. It is longer and the Relum sight has a slotted screw rather than a thumbwheel for adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    John, that sight in the picture looks like a Pre war Haenal or Diana sight. It is not the same as the Relum sights sold by Protek. It is longer and the Relum sight has a slotted screw rather than a thumbwheel for adjustment.
    It's strange as everything points to it being this very low sight, Chambers diagram shows it as this one, Knibbs shows this one too, I can't actually find one on Protek supplies that's specifically under the Relum Telly/ LP25 but then, They have a Tornado page yet there's parts for the Tornado in the Telly page!!

I think I'll make a rear leafsight to screw down to the block that's already there, This would probably be the easiest!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

It's strange as everything points to it being this very low sight, Chambers diagram shows it as this one, Knibbs shows this one too, I can't actually find one on Protek supplies that's specifically under the Relum Telly/ LP25 but then, They have a Tornado page yet there's parts for the Tornado in the Telly page!!

I think I'll make a rear leafsight to screw down to the block that's already there, This would probably be the easiest!!

John
    The protek sights are the correct ones at £6 each, under relum spares number R30 they are on there with a picture of them aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    The protek sights are the correct ones at £6 each, under relum spares number R30 they are on there with a picture of them aswell.
    I agree. Relums do have a very shallow dovetail cut into the block and the Protek sights are correct for the majority of Relums range.