Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: is there anyone else that likes the Relum Telly 200 ?

Thumbs up

I believe this one, It says Jelly on the badge!

It's in very good overall condition but needs a rearsight, I was given it by a member on here, He inherited it but it wasn't his sort of thing

I don't actually know what it shoots like, Not fired it yet!!

John
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/

Thats the one johnbaz

sparko is offline One of Tiger Woods' lovers...
    I had a Relum Tornado back in 1974 bloody huge thing I thought then, a mate of mine had the telly and I can still remember him asking me why they cut the forends off so short ... to this day I have never liked to see too much of the cocking link etc, preferring a full forend 😊 said the bishop to the bar maid.
    Not sure where I`m going.....But I`ll get there someday

Quote Originally Posted by ZAKDINGEL View Post
    You no I cant remember
    it be a fortune now with all the intrest !!!!

edbear2 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sparko View Post
    I had a Relum Tornado back in 1974 bloody huge thing I thought then, a mate of mine had the telly and I can still remember him asking me why they cut the forends off so short ... to this day I have never liked to see too much of the cocking link etc, preferring a full forend 😊 said the bishop to the bar maid.
    How about these;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/312284...7624218336819/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/312284...7640409558506/

I remember when as youngsters we saw our first Tornado as an older kid brought it to the woods where we hung out.....All crunchy and boingy and everyone thought "Wow....That's Powerful"

ATB Ed.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by edbear2 View Post
    How about these;

https://www.flickr.com/photos/312284...7624218336819/

https://www.flickr.com/photos/312284...7640409558506/

I remember when as youngsters we saw our first Tornado as an older kid brought it to the woods where we hung out.....All crunchy and boingy and everyone thought "Wow....That's Powerful"

ATB Ed.
    Hi Ed

Are those Relum Zephyrs?, Have to say, They're handsome rifles

John

Quote Originally Posted by johnbaz View Post
    Hi Ed

Are those Relum Zephyrs?, Have to say, They're handsome rifles

John
    Am i missing something here ??????? all i see is an HW80 and a haenel 303 .

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    Am i missing something here ??????? all i see is an HW80 and a haenel 303 .

Ooops!

No, It's me that missed something, I just looked at the sharly cut back forend rather than the whole guns and thought they were pics of Relums with nicer finished timber, I seemed to recall that the Relum Zephyr had the same cut back forend and since this thread was about Relums, I didn't really occur to me that there would be pics of other guns!!

John

is there anyone else that likes the Relum Telly 200 ?

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjjj View Post
    Yep the old lead acid battery we use to put it on charge in the cow shed to go lamping that night, home made wooden box blimmy they was heavy great times.
    Watched my brother shoot 3 sparrows off the top of a 50ft cliff with his, it had an airsporter spring in it too, also had my bike battery ripped off by a local kid to go lamping with, was talked into getting the police instead of just going round & taking it off him, got a couple of £2 payments then nothing else from the scrote & he got off with a tenner fine, the battery was around £20 to replace.

It's in very good overall condition but needs a rearsight, I was given it by a member on here, He inherited it but it wasn't his sort of thing

I don't actually know what it shoots like, Not fired it yet

John
    Protek have rear sights for these, cant remember the exact price, but less than a tenner!

I don't actually know what it shoots like, Not fired it yet!!

John
    Memories, got badly abused used model .177 for 15/ (shillings in old money, 75p in todays ) from mates older brother in 1967. Heavy, twanged , agricultural compared to another mates Cadet. Put new spring, new leather washer after drilling out rivet and replacing with countersunk bolt/ nut. My first refurb, at 12 yr old. No trigger bolt to cylinder (adjustable found out years later) held together with jubilee hose clip. Loads of fun plinking , starlings, rats, crows on dairy farm out buildings and derelict manor house, my first ' permission' . Still got it!

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    Protek have rear sights for these, cant remember the exact price, but less than a tenner!

Hi Pete

I looked at the parts sites, Also googled images and none of them are the same as the base on this rifle!, Strange!, The just seem to be a very shallow dovetail, On this one there seems to be base block!

EDIT- Here's a pic that I borrowed from t'interweb, It shows the sights that are being sold by Protek, Knibbs and Chambers, It's nowhere near as deep as the base that's on mine, I wonder if on mine someone tried fitting a different sight

John

an old school mate had one of these,bought from a catalog and it used to shoot very well,just went off with a dull thud and little recoil.i can't remember him having any trouble hitting things with it.i thought the tornado was terrible both to shoot and especially to look at.another thing about the jelly i remember was when you cocked it there was no effort for about 3/4 of the stroke then loads of effort to finish the last bit,if i see a nice one at a boot sale i'll buy it,quite liked the workman like build and pale stock.

Hi Pete

I looked at the parts sites, Also googled images and none of them are the same as the base on this rifle!, Strange!, The just seem to be a very shallow dovetail, On this one there seems to be base block!

EDIT- Here's a pic that I borrowed from t'interweb, It shows the sights that are being sold by Protek, Knibbs and Chambers, It's nowhere near as deep as the base that's on mine, I wonder if on mine someone tried fitting a different sight

John
    John, that sight in the picture looks like a Pre war Haenal or Diana sight. It is not the same as the Relum sights sold by Protek. It is longer and the Relum sight has a slotted screw rather than a thumbwheel for adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyWombler View Post
    John, that sight in the picture looks like a Pre war Haenal or Diana sight. It is not the same as the Relum sights sold by Protek. It is longer and the Relum sight has a slotted screw rather than a thumbwheel for adjustment.
    It's strange as everything points to it being this very low sight, Chambers diagram shows it as this one, Knibbs shows this one too, I can't actually find one on Protek supplies that's specifically under the Relum Telly/ LP25 but then, They have a Tornado page yet there's parts for the Tornado in the Telly page!!

I think I'll make a rear leafsight to screw down to the block that's already there, This would probably be the easiest!!

John