Thread: New member introduction

New member introduction

Hi Guys, new to the forum.
    Just started shooting again and plunged into a hw99s .177. Bagged the pesky rats straight away (open sights) and enjoyed some targets at the weekend (scoped).
    Shooting with my lads and very quickly seem to be in the market for more rifles as they don't travel well between shooters.
    Still learning but researching for months.
    Had to initially throttle back from a hw100k as when you look at all the extras its soooo expensive (maybe later)
    The wife didn't want a rifle in the house and now she thinks I need more to keep the kids happy; I say kids they are 18 and 14; so big kids
    Luckily we have a bit of a garden with an old quarry wall behind at the back next to summer house 25m long so happy days for target shooting.

will look for guidance as we go along.
    Last edited by Josey_wales; 18-01-2021 at 09:10 PM.

Welcome to the forum and welcome back to our wonderful sport / hobby. May it provide you and the family many hours of enjoyable times. Sounds like a lovely little home range setting.

Excellent choice of rifle in the 99S.

Stick with The Boingers.

Shout up for any help and advice. We're a friendly and helpful bunch on here. And we look forward to hearing how you and the kids develop.

Cool user name.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Smile

Hi thanks.
    Looking at hw95 or 97 at the moment. Too many variants of Weihrauch to go for. Used them when I was a kid so trusted them then..etc.
    Was even thinking of another 99s in .22.
    Love the option of open sights for close range ratting etc.
    Just wish my eyes were better at seeing the front sight.

Hello and welcome to the bbs.
    Good choice regarding the hw99s.
    It’s great to see that you are getting the kids involved :cool, it will probably cost you though ldwink.
    Atb
    Les..

Great read. Thanks. Takes me back many, many years. Oh! Welcome too!

Quote Originally Posted by Josey_wales View Post
    Hi thanks.
    Looking at hw95 or 97 at the moment. Too many variants of Weihrauch to go for. Used them when I was a kid so trusted them then..etc.
    Was even thinking of another 99s in .22.
    Love the option of open sights for close range ratting etc.
    Just wish my eyes were better at seeing the front sight.
    I'm a loyal and committed Weihrauch fan myself and trust in their quality and performance. All the models you mention are excellent and the 99S is, undoubtedly, brilliant value for money. However, may I also suggest another option, if budget allows.....the 77K. So, as an underlever it offers a little more variety. An excellent set of open sights with the option of fitting optics whenever / if you choose.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    I'm a loyal and committed Weihrauch fan myself and trust in their quality and performance. All the models you mention are excellent and the 99S is, undoubtedly, brilliant value for money. However, may I also suggest another option, if budget allows.....the 77K. So, as an underlever it offers a little more variety. An excellent set of open sights with the option of fitting optics whenever / if you choose.
    Is this the same as the hw97 but with open sights also? what is the difference between the 77 and 97?

Same internals. Open sights on the 77, the stock is different (all interchangeable though, so handy for future reference) and the underlever retaining arrangement is different. Check out some pictures etc on the 'net, they'll help.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Do not listen to tonys Weihrauch tales. He is a bit demented when it comes to the hw range

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Do not listen to tonys Weihrauch tales. He is a bit demented when it comes to the hw range
    Well, if someone'd be parted with his Backpacker..

Too late, now got hw97 so thats that...I think this will be mine and the kids (both lefty's) can argue over the 99.

The 97 is awesome, sir.

New / used? Which stock did you go for?

Well done and enjoy.