Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So what's the market like at the moment ?

So what's the market like at the moment ?

Should I buy or sell? -- times are getting hard-- we are all in this sh*t creek together, but I am contemplating selling some stuff? but is there a market?
    your thought's opinions? kind regards, Al.

I would say depends on what you are selling? There will always be a demand for collectible or unique rifles
    Slightly obsessed with Single Stroke Pneumatics
    Also making stocks over at Daviesbuilt gunstocks.

You'll soon find out what the markets like if you list stuff.
    It will sell or it won't
    ,AA , Magtech , Arnie, Sako, Ruger . plus the others .

Quality, condition and sensible prices will see stuff sell. Not much effort to find out

I suspect you will find new prices in shops when the lockdown releases due to the Brexit effect. Some things are struggling to get into the country due to the excuses of paperwork and some arbitrary quota. SWS for example stopped shipping to the UK way back in November due to reaching a quota, and my order was cancelled last week from Switzerland due to paperwork problems at the border with transporters not even bothering to try. I expect a plus 10% price increase as retailers take precautionary measures.

Shops are not going to do you any favours. When the manufacturers up the price, the importers adds their percentage, and so will the retailers. You'll pay the extra (even on the credit card or on 0% finance) if you really want it. There has been a pent up demand since last year and very little had been px'd at the shops.

I suspect secondhand stuff will be sought after to satisfy those with an itch to try something different this season. Prices will go up as they change hands quicker.

I also suspect the cheap (budget) or the specials (collectables or premium) will be in demand the most.

Collection of things you're selling - how or should you offer it? I would prefer face to face and trying something out before parting with money.
    Travel restrictions are affecting sales, especially for those abiding by the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by cringe View Post
    Should I buy or sell? -- times are getting hard-- we are all in this sh*t creek together, but I am contemplating selling some stuff? but is there a market?
    your thought's opinions? kind regards, Al.
    I think if your willing to post you will have no probs selling lots of people are bored at home and can only get out for essential things guns not being one of them
    unfortunately

Norwich 'A Fine City' (unless you're a driver)
    The golden age of imports is over for a while, and there will be major price hikes for anything coming from outside. People are buying, I notice auctions doing well, boredom is a motivator.

Quote Originally Posted by ogilkes View Post
    The golden age of imports is over for a while, and there will be major price hikes for anything coming from outside. People are buying, I notice auctions doing well, boredom is a motivator.
    I think having a passionate hobby to concentrate on throughout lockdown is a motivating factor. There's nothing quite like the anticipation of a parcel arriving now that arms fairs are on hold for the present.

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by peddy View Post
    Quality, condition and sensible prices will see stuff sell. Not much effort to find out
    You would be amazed at what Ive found in the dustbin.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    You would be amazed at what Ive found in the dustbin.
    Would I ?

all depends if some one is on the look out for what your selling

Can't figure out if there's alot more guns for sale that I was after, or if I'm after alot more guns...

Quote Originally Posted by jedburgh View Post
    Would I ?
    Rubber lips.

I have an arrangement with a local BBS member in which, when I buy something off him, he leaves it in his dustbin and I pick it up and post the cash. What better arrangement.
    Founder & ex secretary of Rivington Riflemen.
    www.rivington-riflemen.uk

Quote Originally Posted by I. J. View Post
    Rubber lips.

I have an arrangement with a local BBS member in which, when I buy something off him, he leaves it in his dustbin and I pick it up and post the cash. What better arrangement.
    Sounds good to me .
    What does "rubber lips " mean .