Thread: Webley? ABS hard case

Webley? ABS hard case

I've just bought a BSA Scorpion privately and it was delivered yesterday by RM. It's in a reasonably good quality ABS Hard case that has Webley embossed on it. Just the name, no trademark or 'Webley and Scott'. The lining has obviously been carved up to fit the Scorpion. I've never seen one before and Gordon Bruce doesn't mention anything like.
    The only photos I can find on the net of similar boxes are fitted for the Alecto pistol. So what have I got? is it standard or an extra for something later than the Bruce publication date?

Help please.

harvey_s is offline Lost love child of David Niven and Victoria Beckham

Put a pic up, I may know

Sorted now thankyou.

It's a case supplied in the late 1990s for a Nemesis pistol.

A photograph would be appreciated as I can find no mention of any such case supplied for the original Nemesis SSP.

I have a Nemesis SSP in a plastic flapped Webley case originally sold for the Hurricane, with a slightly smaller version supplied for the Tempest, as the later Nemesis SSP of the time were supplied in Hurricane boxes after the clam shell packages were exhausted, with a slightly modified styrene inner, some having an original Nemesis SSP label affixed to the lid, therefore this case would also fit the original Nemesis SSP.

I have several Webley branded soft cases that are Nemesis sized but am unaware of a hard case intended for the pistol, so am intrigued in seeing this one as well as an original advert that confirms the case was intended for the Nemesis.

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Quote Originally Posted by Josie & John View Post
    I have several Webley branded soft cases that are Nemesis sized but am unaware of a hard case intended for the pistol, so am intrigued in seeing this one as well as an original advert that confirms the case was intended for the Nemesis.

John M
    Although it came with a Scorpion, I am told by the original owner that he bought it with a Nemesis in 1998. the original internals have been removed and the only indication of it being a Webley case is a nameplate for 'Webley' that was integral with the case when manufactured.

My Workflow makes it difficult to post any pictures on the net as I only have cameras and shoot in RAW. Pictures are then sharpened and manipulated if needed in Photoshop before being DCMA registered as a batch. It is not my preference to post on open forums.

I emailed my Webley contact who was involved with the Nemesis SSP at time of production, and he is unaware of any such case produced for the Nemesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Troubledshooter View Post
    I emailed my Webley contact who was involved with the Nemesis SSP at time of production, and he is unaware of any such case produced for the Nemesis.
    In that case it's a puzzle still. I have a great respect for you and your sources David. I'm going to get the intermals profile foamed and put a pair (Tempest/Hurricane) in it as I have nothing Webley that is later. I'm now beginning to wonder whether it's Alecto

It sounds like it could well be an Alecto Case if it has a recessed handle and two large fold down catches on the front.

here are a few photographs of the 'Flap' case containing a Nemesis SSP, and the top of the Alecto case:

Thank you David. It's the bottom case. Same badge and has double catch locking system. Were they sold with the pistol or as an extra please?

They were supplied with the pistol when they first came out, and they still are on the Mk.5, so why anyone would separate their Alecto from the case I don't know, unless they've knackered their Alecto.

If anyone has a 'Flap' case as shown in Post #11, of either size that they no longer use, I could be interested in acquiring it.
    The one shown was originally made to take the Hurricane, and a slightly smaller one was made to take the Tempest.
    As the later Nemesis were sold in brown card boxes originally intended for the Hurricane, with very slightly modified styrene inserts, they fit the Hurricane 'Flap' box as illustrated.
    Please contact by PM.