Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
I may have posted on this topic a few years ago but failed to find them ...
On several rifles, Old just post war Webleys I think are one, retaining pins are held in position by wire circlips. Think of a wire ring where you then push the diameter in and the invagination you create then fits around the pin, fitting in a groove in the pin.
I have found them called 'plain wire snap rings' but a search for them in the UK invariably brings up the round wire spring clips that resemble a wire ring with a cut in it. This type can fit over a shaft (or pin) or inside a groove in a tube. You can make them by cutting sections from a spring.
But I digress... I have yet again been trying to find the 'Webley' style wire circlips here in the UK but failed ... I found a supplier in the USA.
Maybe they are called something else here? Or maybe all supplies come from overseas. Other circlips can do the job, e clips, C clips for instance and I think the Webley type are available from spares stores at a high cost. But out of interest I would like to find a UK supply at a reasonable price.
Does anyone know of a source? So far my googling has failed.
Cheers, Phil
https://www.springmasters.com/circlips-retaining-rings/