Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
That’s very good advice Brian....I do it for rifles as well.

To take that a step further, I’ve recently learnt from 10m air pistol that perfect follow through is not simply staying on aim after the shot, but continuing to do everything you we’re doing before the shot (ie, consistent grip pressure, good sight alignment and trigger pressure) before the shot, during the shot and after the shot.

This was a bit of a revelation to me as I used to just hold the gun on aim after the shot for a few seconds but relax my concentration a bit, now I try to maintain all those aspects all the way through.

Cheers,
Matt
Hello Matt,

Another tip I picked-up during my 10-metre competition shooting days was to occasionally shoot groups on a blank card i.e. with no aiming mark.
Not having to place the sight picture in the correct place relative to an aiming mark means concentration on the perfect trigger release can be increased.
Theoretically the groups should probably be a bit vertically strung, but in practice the brain seems to compensate for not having an aiming mark and very tight groups can be achieved nearly always centralised on the target.

Brian