Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gasrammers

Gasrammers

I'm not sure if it's just me or does anyone else not like shooting 177cal in theoben gasrams !! Not shot 1 in yrs until yesterday ....yep ! Still can't get on with the cal .... Can't explain it

I loved all mine, possibly technique, they do recoil more than you expect but just let it do its thing, follow through properly and admire the accuracy.
    VAYA CON DIOS

My fenman is quite sharp to shoot but the cross hairs don't move much on firing and its very accurate, great gun.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

It's just you of course! I've a couple (Taunus (H.E.) and Sirocco (non-H.E. and long barrel)) and both are fine. The Sirocco is perhaps a little less "snappy" - perhaps down to the barrel length, but no real difference in feel in any of the three calibres that I have in rammers.

My only Theoben is a .22” HE Sirocco.

I hate the way it shoots.

I love the way it hits what it’s aimed at.

Which is ultimately the only thing that really matters, I guess.

My. 20cal is more snappy than my other three . 22cal rammers. My sirocco grand prix with the long barrel is the sweetest to shoot of them all.

Had quite a few theobens but not for a good few years now, the best one I ever shot was a countryman and in .177, cracking gun which kept its power and accuracy for the 3 years I owned it and one of the rifles I wish I kept. However, i subsequently owned 2 fenmans and a evolution which I bought just as theoben went through that weren’t good, the 2 fenmans that were bought new by myself both gave me grief by refusing to stay above 9fep and the evolution was just plain horrible which was a shame as I love the build quality bar the triggers which have a stupidly heavy first stage which makes the second stage hard to define, I would think about buying another fenman in the future but would probably have it converted to spring power...

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    I've had a few .177 rammers and find them fine to shoot, yes they are harsh but they are quick and accurate, I had a bit of a shooting session the other day and shot my .177 Prosport and my .25 Lightning and then shot my .20 Sirocco 2000 afterwards, wow what a difference, the Sirocco was like a bucking bronco compared to the other two, I forgot how bad it was but it's ever so quick with the lock time and pretty accurate (but the Prosport is still far better).

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

...i know its not a theoben and its not a .177 but my gas rammed webley eclipse shoots like a dream,not a particularly fast action but its almost recoileess.cocking effort is a little more then my sprung one.
    mind you thats prob got something to do with the swept volume and 30mm bore size
    now my rammed firepower feels to have a very fact action,first shot though i loved it prob because the last one i had twanged and echoed in the stock like a mother! this one has a smooth 'thud'.
    cocking however is a lot harder then i recall the stringer one was,so strong ive visions of the stock snapping mid cock.

The 177s aren't as smooth to shoot as the larger calibres. That said I'm a huge fan of 177 rifles and love the rammers I have in that calibre. My go to hunting recoiler is an evolution in 177 and its the absolute business

Quote Originally Posted by Steve garb View Post
    I'm not sure if it's just me or does anyone else not like shooting 177cal in theoben gasrams !! Not shot 1 in yrs until yesterday ....yep ! Still can't get on with the cal .... Can't explain it
    Traded my .177 Theoben Evolution for a close to mint 1989 HW85.
    I often regret sales or trades, but not this time

rammers are ok once you get used to them very hold sensitive ive found

I have a .177 Evolution, a .20 Evolution, and a .22 Sirocco.
    The .177 Evo is probably the hardest to shoot consistently, which becomes a self buggering mechanism as it then leads to being the one I shoot the less.
    Regards,
    Dave.

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by The Squire View Post
    I have a .177 Evolution, a .20 Evolution, and a .22 Sirocco.
    The .177 Evo is probably the hardest to shoot consistently, which becomes a self buggering mechanism as it then leads to being the one I shoot the less.
    Then make it the first one you go to and master it, the others will then become easier to shoot.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I really liked my 177 Fenman, ran it at full uk as in 11.5, never had a problem
    It was a bit loud on cocking (clunky when barrel clicked shut)
    I only sold it as I knew servicing would be required and the thoughts of dealing with Theoben just sent steam out of my ears
    They had an abominable attitude in general and it was so unsurprising when they went tits up as so many shooters and shops had the same experiences as well as it being notorious on tinternet forums such as this

Good guns that would probably still be being sold with a different attitude and good front man IMO
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34