Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Webley patriot UK V Turkish build difference?

Hsing-ee is offline may also be employed in conjunction with a drawn reciprocation dingle arm, to reduce sinusoidal repleneration
    Quote Originally Posted by les allam View Post
    I like the look of the custom one in the pictures.
    Very smart .
    Les..
    It does look cool.

I think the attraction is what the thing is - a giant springer that can shoot through a car door. A pointless piece of kit but impressive anyway. In the USA they sold tens of thousands of 0.458 Winchester Magnum hunting rifles, the only use of which is against large African dangerous game, and I doubt if 1 per cent ever were used in this way, and I can only think people wanted a ludicrously powerful rifle just for the horror and terror of it. The Patriot is Airgun artillery, a PCP is just a PCP. Perhaps they should have called it the Webley Trebuchet.

Its not even thát powerfull compared to nowadays stuff. Hatsan 125/135, Gamo Hunter Extreme all have more power than the Patriot.
    Had a PE too. Sold it when I got my lazaglided tomahawk.
    PEs are very nice, but very rare and as such far too expensive. For that kinda prices you can buy 3/4 Patriots in the uk.
    Still Patriot is and will be, an icon. But for serious use, there are better guns out there
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Its not even thát powerfull compared to nowadays stuff. Hatsan 125/135, Gamo Hunter Extreme all have more power than the Patriot.
    Had a PE too. Sold it when I got my lazaglided tomahawk.
    PEs are very nice, but very rare and as such far too expensive. For that kinda prices you can buy 3/4 Patriots in the uk.
    Still Patriot is and will be, an icon. But for serious use, there are better guns out there
    I have all the guns you have mentioned,apart from the Patriot (Fac required) . My Hatsan sniper 125 is a big old unit and makes my PE’s look average size.
    I would still have a Patriot if I had a Fac.
    Les..

Yep, Hatsans are seriously big/large!
    Dont they require FAC than? Or are they available as 12Ftp as well?
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Yep, Hatsans are seriously big/large!
    Dont they require FAC than? Or are they available as 12Ftp as well?
    My one is a 12fp UK spec.
    I suppose you can order them FAC, if you have a FAC.
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    picture is a UK custom job

Barry would you happen to know who customized this Patriot ?

ATB

John
    Last edited by HW777; 27-01-2021 at 11:41 PM. Reason: Rephrased post
    Hw77+7

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post

ATB

John
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was something to do with V-mach, I know Steve used to offer the satin/matt finish and the shroud looks a bit like one of his.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Geoff Bullock at LSD recently finished his own Patriot but I'm sure his has a gloss finish rather than matt.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by HW55T View Post

ATB

John
    Sorry if I misled you by putting UK I meant UK made not Turkish made, anyway over on the DWC years ago was this guy was a regular and used to post pictures
    https://capairgunresearch.webs.com/

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if it was something to do with V-mach, I know Steve used to offer the satin/matt finish and the shroud looks a bit like one of his.

Pete
    I was thinking Webley Venom Pete, a very smart looking rifle that could be emanated by a certain company looking for idea's atm

John
    Hw77+7

I would get the Diana 350 magnum great gun at fac levels, the Turkish patriots are dog poo and for me the brumie one ain't much better.

Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    I would get the Diana 350 magnum great gun at fac levels, the Turkish patriots are dog poo and for me the brumie one ain't much better.

Dave.
    Would that be the older models Dave, if I remember correct you didn't speak very highly of the last D350 that passed through your hands.

John
    Hw77+7

Yes pal the early magnum 350 with the proper Diana barrel and metal opensights some of the later versions with the truglo plastic sights and their barrels were also a bit hit and miss, heard the the later ones use Chinese barrels which to be fair they can be a good but a bit inconsistent accuracy wise.

Dave.

Barryg is offline Registered ̶D̶i̶a̶n̶a̶ User
    Quote Originally Posted by DM80 View Post
    Yes pal the early magnum 350 with the proper Diana barrel and metal opensights some of the later versions with the truglo plastic sights and their barrels were also a bit hit and miss, heard the the later ones use Chinese barrels which to be fair they can be a good but a bit inconsistent accuracy wise.

Dave.
    Just to clarify about the Chinese barrels it was only on the T05's for about a year ending mid 2010 and had 12 land barrels instead of 8 land

Wouldnt pick a Diana 350. Kicks like a mule. Very long as well as are all bb Dianas. Does have true accuracy potential.
    For FAC airrifle Id rather have HW80/90, Eliminator, Diana 54 ect for shootability. Even Hatsan 125 is easier to shoot
    Why would Diana use chinese barrels back in 2010 anyway
    ATB,
    yana