Thread: TX 200 Breech seal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

TX 200 Breech seal

Looking at a TX breech seal, which has two "end rings" separated by a groove, I see the ring at one end seems to be slightly thicker than the one at the other end. Could someone kindly tell me whether there is a right way up to insert this seal into the cylinder?

The TX normally takes two identical O rings as the breech seal, Mike.

All the best Mick

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    The TX normally takes two identical O rings as the breech seal, Mike.
    All the best Mick

Thanks Mick, I have got some identical O rings, but I also have a Chambers replacement seal, which is a nylon "double O ring in one" , and I thought I would try that as I am still not getting full power from the TX. The Chambers one seems to have different thickness ends.
    All the best to you too,
    Michael

I have not seen the double version but it sounds interesting. Otherwise, as above, BS108. These also do the 'buffers' on the TX200SR.
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Thanks Mick, I have got some identical O rings, but I also have a Chambers replacement seal, which is a nylon "double O ring in one" , and I thought I would try that as I am still not getting full power from the TX. The Chambers one seems to have different thickness ends.
    All the best to you too,
    Michael
    I looked at the Cahambers site and could not find the 'double ring' seal you mention.
    Can you tell me where on the site it is, please?
    Cheers, Phil

Quote Originally Posted by Phil Russell View Post
    I looked at the Cahambers site and could not find the 'double ring' seal you mention.
    Can you tell me where on the site it is, please?
    Cheers, Phil
    Now I am starting to worry! At least I start comforted by having two of the double seals, and the packet they came in bearing the inscription PW080 2X2 in front of me. I have taken a picture of them, but I can't seem to be able to post it (I could email it to you). I also have a clear recollection of seeing what is obviously one double washer on a parts diagram, and I have only bought TX spares from Chambers, but I do not seem to be able to find them on the current Chambers parts pic. I also checked the John Knibbs site just in case, but that too shows two separate washers. I would put it down to my advanced years if it were not for the physical evidence. As it is, it is a mystery.

Quote Originally Posted by Vernal View Post
    Now I am starting to worry! At least I start comforted by having two of the double seals, and the packet they came in bearing the inscription PW080 2X2 in front of me. I have taken a picture of them, but I can't seem to be able to post it (I could email it to you). I also have a clear recollection of seeing what is obviously one double washer on a parts diagram, and I have only bought TX spares from Chambers, but I do not seem to be able to find them on the current Chambers parts pic. I also checked the John Knibbs site just in case, but that too shows two separate washers. I would put it down to my advanced years if it were not for the physical evidence. As it is, it is a mystery.
    Yes, mystery. I note the piston seal is PW030 on Chambers, the PW presumably meaning piston washer.

I will PM my email to you if that is OK as I am intrigued by the mystery .. not that I need a seal as I have some single O rings.
    Cheers, Phil

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    On mine the two O rings are both the same (BS 108 I think). They are cheap as chips so replace them both. A pack of 10 can be had on the-site-which-must-not-be-named for a couple of quid.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL