Thread: TX 200 Breech seal

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Brilliant, priceless information, people. Thank you for sharing. Yet another shining example of the power of the BBS. I've not had to change the seal(s) on my TX yet, but would prefer the more substantial seeming (to me) HW seal + shim. I wonder if some of the aftermarket suppliers pick up on this and produce a direct replacement HW style one?
    I know at least one maker of aftermarket HW breech seals makes them longer than factory spec. That way they can be fit to guns requiring different seal lengths.

Excellent information, evert.

Taking a wild guess at a Custom Air Seals offering?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Excellent information, evert.

Taking a wild guess at a Custom Air Seals offering?
    No, ARH/Maccari. I have a couple old HWs where this seal has helped when modern HW seals dont seal properly without shimming.
    The seal needs trimming in some guns, so like most ARH/Maccari seals, its made oversize so you can fit it.

Another tip if you need to increase seal length, is a couple rounds of dental floss at the bottom of the seal groove.
    It sounds a bit McGyver'ish, but it actually works quite well, at least in break barrels.

Thank you, evert; very useful info there.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- August 3/4, 2024.........BOING!!