Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bsa Superten F.a.c ??

Bsa Superten F.a.c ??

Hi,can anyone tell me about these guns as i quite fancy one but dont want to make a mistake.
    Has to be fac 24 - 30 ft lbs .22, and i like the idea of an after market shroud does mr bowkett do these and if so how much
    Anybodys experiences of these rifles good or bad much appreciated

Also pics would be great too
    Last edited by Jubei; 02-11-2005 at 05:11 PM.

Gary C Guest
    Bowketted BSA S10 in FAC will take some beating. have to be full length to make 30ft/lb

The Bull barrel variant is excellent BUT will not make the higher power

i think Gazo's is still for sale

Gary C Guest
    Gazos is sold to a chap in Hawaii

I missed gazos its sold
    Gary do you know how long that would be and what sort of cash are we talking?

Gary C Guest
    Sorry mate - I just sold my baby
    It was a long beggar with a Bowkett silencer

I'm buying a MK3 Sports and an Airwolf so something had to go

Thumbs up get a rapid mk1 or mk2

i would get a theoben rapid mate,you will not regret it mk1 or mk2,also when u come to trade it in if you do,youll get your money back
    cheers paul

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paulliver
    i would get a theoben rapid mate,you will not regret it mk1 or mk2,also when u come to trade it in if you do,youll get your money back
    cheers paul
    Have you had a Bowketted S10 Paul?

Talking well here we go

yes mate didnt like it in pink heheheheh

Does anyone know if Mr Bowkett has a website, or any contact details would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know how much he charges for a shrouded barrel and upgrading to FAC - and what is blueprinting anyway

Gary C Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by paulliver
    yes mate didnt like it in pink heheheheh
    I take that as a no then which pretty much establishes your credentials for giving any sensible advice.

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    If you want a BSA SIO in fac then go to MR. J bowkett ,the man knows his rifle and I have shot one and it is a nice rifle to shoot,dont get one from any other persons who offer an FAC upgrade on this rifle,shot one of those and was not impressed at all,also some of their aftersale is aload of kack and waste of money.I have a Rapid MK11 and the only person who touch's my gun is Ben Taylor ,and FAC'd it for me.As to which gun is better I'am not going to give an opinion in case you ask,all I will say is try them out and see what you like and afford.Good Luck.
    Last edited by verminhunter; 02-11-2005 at 05:53 PM.

toxophilus Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jubei
    Does anyone know if Mr Bowkett has a website, or any contact details would be appreciated.

Also, does anyone know how much he charges for a shrouded barrel and upgrading to FAC - and what is blueprinting anyway
    You have PM, mate!

Gary C Guest
    Very restrained post by Verminhunter...but he's being discrete. He'd go for the Rapid. Out of the box so would I, no question. It's the Bowkett touch that evens the score.

I went for a S10 because it is so much cheaper to but I got a CS2000 stock with it for under £300. This makes it cost effective to Bowkett

verminhunter is offline The founder of the FAC .25 Big Boys Fan club
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary C
    Very restrained post by Verminhunter...but he's being discrete. He'd go for the Rapid. Out of the box so would I, no question. It's the Bowkett touch that evens the score.

(Dont now why this bit started in the the blue bit.)
    Hi Gary,long time no clash eh? Lets see if we can.
    Answer = Out of the box alright,to get a s10 to run like the rapid yeah JOHN Bowkett,BUT when you get a Ben Taylor rapid it's somthing man.The man makes this top gun work even better,can you imgine that,bet you can't,I went there because I heard about one of the theo partners had opened a gun shop offering a service that made the rapid perform with amazement,at FAC levels WOW!
    So hey,their both gunmen ,and good one's at that.

GaryC.
    I went for a S10 because it is so much cheaper to but I got a CS2000 stock with it for under £300. This makes it cost effective to Bowkett
    Answer=How much cheaper?T o buy a s10 from JB is £850 when he does a number on the gun,stock?£300,plus the rest comes to £1150 right?
    Rapid from BT is £800,PLUS xtra £50 for upgade to FAC,plus a GK stock £400 total£1250 right?
    For that £100 I get a top top stock plus a taylor'ed rapid and I mean Taylor'ed makes this gun very hard to beat and to beat in a good few ways,shot count,mags,robust,and the ability to go higherFAC levels without to much hassel,keeping accuracy at the top,Bomb proof thats what they are,I love shooting my Rapid,what a nice smooth firing gun with accuracy and serious knockdown power,a real proper hunting gun that would even match accuracy with Field Target rifles, Power to make this match knockdown with certain rimmis's at 70-80 yds, with whats going on now with also putting new genaration Barrels,differ regs,triggers you name it ,the full shabang and this gun Gary is Awesom.We waite to see what the Air-wolf has to offer,also the Ranger not to mention afew other makers bringing out new stuff,the only one sniffing near theobens @rse at the mo is Daystates but we shall see Bro we sall see.
    Last edited by verminhunter; 03-11-2005 at 02:04 AM.