Thread: What Bar pressure

What Bar pressure

I have a Daystate Revere the handbook says l can charge it to 250 Bar, but does anyone think it operates better on a lower charge if anyone does what do you think is the better charge pressure.
    I know the gun is regulated and my first thought was it should not make a difference as long as the cylinder is charged above the regulator setting and performance should only drop off once the pressure drops below the regulator setting.
    I have only been using a pcp for a few months and my knowledge is minimal regarding the technical side of them so any hints would be appreciated.

I am in a similar position, only recently having joined the regulated air rifle community. In my case I fitted an Altaros regulator to my Webley Axsor.

My view is that what you say is correct. If the regulator is doing what it is supposed to do, you can just fill the rifle up to the maximum recommended pressure and the regulator should do the rest and give consistent shots down to the point that the cylinder pressure drops below the set regulator pressure.

You can do what you like. You need enough pressure to do the job you want the rifle to do and not exceeding the max SWP stated.

Try filling to 200 and do a shot count till reg drops out (if you cant tell... a chrono might be needed to spot this) and repeat at 250 and see if the difference is worthwhile/beneficial in reality.

250 BAR fills might get thru your dive bottle quicker....
    Last edited by Steyr; 02-02-2021 at 11:37 PM.
    In a battle of wits I refuse to engage with an unarmed person.
    To one shot one kill, you need to seek the S. Kill only comes from Skill

Being regulated fill pressure should not make any appreciable difference, some regulated guns do retain a slight power curve but not enought to notice when actually shooting.

Quote Originally Posted by Skipjack76 View Post
    I have a Daystate Revere the handbook says l can charge it to 250 Bar, but does anyone think it operates better on a lower charge if anyone does what do you think is the better charge pressure.
    I know the gun is regulated and my first thought was it should not make a difference as long as the cylinder is charged above the regulator setting and performance should only drop off once the pressure drops below the regulator setting.
    I have only been using a pcp for a few months and my knowledge is minimal regarding the technical side of them so any hints would be appreciated.
    There 's sometimes a big difference between.....

can charge to 250 bar .
    and
    should charge to 250 bar .

sure in theory ,it shouldn't make a difference but some regs will trend so you don't any benefit from filling to the max .

if you cant get advice fromother owners you'll have to chart the performance of your own gun .

personally , id run from 200 or so