I wish, but I doubt it.

Professional tuning began in the States in the 70s as a luxury offering from ARH and Beeman, as an extra to their main business of selling European “adult airguns”. The tuned stuff may even have been “loss leaders” to attract publicity and business.

In 1978, Beeman would sell you a factory FWB Sport for $144 (standard 121) or $173 (124); the Beeman tuned custom version was $299, and the ARH version $478 - $1800 now. I doubt they sold many.

The genius of Venom and Airmasters was to capitalise on the early/mid 80s huge interest in high-performance springers, whether for FT or hunting (or just pride of ownership or bragging rights) and to make it a full time business including tuning, replacement parts (eg silencers), custom stocks and, in Venom’s case, reblueing.

And their products were genuinely much better than almost anything from a factory.

But that was a particular time. PCPs killed off the custom springer business. Attempts to replicate the Venom model with them (Stalker comes to mind) were more popular with the magazine writers than the public.

Consider also the wealth of knowledge now available on the internet about how to do it yourself. Most of the best tuners now are enthusiasts who share their experiences free of charge for the benefit of all and have absolutely no wish to start a business.

Plenty of people could, and some do, run an airgun tuning/repair/parts business on the side as a sort of money-making hobby. Some try to make that a full time business, but often discover that it isn’t very profitable, and that dealing with a lot of customers, rather than doing a few odd jobs for mates, is hard and not worth the hassle: it stops being fun when you come home from your job in order to go to your other job with your lathe in your shed.

So, sadly, no. Things have moved on since 1981.