Thread: Double PCP Regulators?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Double PCP Regulators?

I was a tad bored earlier so watched a few new fandango pcp tube vids

I keep hearing about these Double regulators now being fitted especially to the FX stuff.

Crikey as if one regulator wasn’t bad enough for reliability now we have two of the blasted things

I can see the logic and in simple terms it seems to me like a stepping stone eg

Main cylinder or bottle has 250 bar First reg reduces pressure to x amount and second reg reduces further to the operating reg pressure.

Do we think this is going to become a shed tuners new type thing? Eg pcp’s that have regs retro fitted will now be having two regs fitted?

Call me curious at the minute as it’s a new one on me has anyone started to tinker with this idea?

And Dave (trumpetier) I don’t think there will be enough air cylinder volume left with a double reg in an ultra

Although you never know

Double regulators ?? What ever next

Your right Nick, no good to me
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

It's more to do with adjustable regulators. The second regulator has a finer adjustment so is easier to set it back to where you had it last.

Imo once my rifle is sighted in at my required distance and I have confirmed my hold over at other distances, I wouldn't twiddle with anything.

I suppose it's a bit like central locking. Once you have had the function, its a pain to have to use a key.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

ive watched the vids on the tube about them quite interesting

Stepping away from the Maverick, I can see the idea with a double reg, especially when you can fill your cylinders to 250 bar (eg HW100 tuning titanium stuff). Possibly the original set up wasn’t designed to run the new higher pressure, so a ‘step down’ using a new additional reg makes sense.
    Having said that I took the belvilles out of mine, just back to the one reg in the tube and it’s no less or more consistent

There used to be a double reg option on the Daystate CRX and I think the Ar20 has something along those lines - possibly as that's supplied with the walther steel cylinder which is rated to 300 bar.

I've got 5 or 6 regulated PCPs. All have single regs and are very consistent. All are .177 and set at just over 11 ft lb except for a 10m FWB. All of these guns are boring on a chrono, any possible improvement would be related to gun fit or perhaps the barrel in one case.
    Best Regards

Simon

I've got some slug guns.