Like I said from my opening post it’s a new one on me thanks for your input chaps.

Regulators are a funny old thing as a few have mentioned with a decent reg is there any real need for a second one

But I hear what you are saying with higher pressures and perhaps higher powers the benefit could well be needed.

I’ve not done the higher filled pcp stuff yet and even BSA Ultra/Scorpion SE’s and R10’s with 232bar fills I still usually only fill to around 200bar probably mainly my skinflint ethos although I may have read somewhere it’s better on the valving

Isn’t something like the Leishy also one of those high 300bar fills if needed and I don’t recall reading about any regulator issues with them handling such a high pressure although the huma swap route seems to be the norm for them.

This double reg route is certainly something that could well progress in my opinion especially with aftermarket higher pressure cylinders on offer as others have mentioned eg something like the HW100 where the standard reg will only handle 200bar and a different regulator is required for higher pressure etc.

Although the double reg route intrigues me, I’ve never really been that hung up on the regulator route in the first place.

Had many decent pcp’s over the years that don’t have any regulators and IMO and experience they have never needed them either eg plenty of AA S4 S5 range, Daystates with there slingshot hammer and later SE BSA’s etc.

However some earlier stuff could have certainly benefitted from a reg with the rainbow power curves I’m looking at you mmc ultras and early rapids

But maybe in time once the tooners have become aquatinted this double reg route could be interesting.