Thread: Sig Sauer Virtus Silencer

Sig Sauer Virtus Silencer

A few days ago I got hold of a Sig Sauer MCX Virtus. Not really the type of air rifle I'd go for. But a friend of a friend who's a bit hard up needed a laptop for his daughter and a deal was done. I figured I'd just play with it for a weekend or two then sell it here or where ever.
    However after having a go with it in the garden today the girls and I quite like it, so I think for now it's a keeper.

Wanting to keep the noise down I offered up a silencer from my HW100 but the thread on the Virtus is different. After a bit of research this evening I learned its a 1/2" 28 UNEF , the E for extra fine. There doesn't seem to be a specific silencer for the Virtus, I found a couple of adaptors but frankly they look gash and cost almost as much as silencer.

I see SAK do a 28 UNEF silencer but it's a bit unclear of they do an air rifle version. Any other Virtus owners here with a view on this?
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

If you are after unusual taps and dies the Chinese on do any type of die size you want, the real odd ones at reasonable cost.