Thread: Wanted IZH46M

Wanted IZH46M

I think this may meet my requirements for the best self contained 10m match pistol?

Any other suggestions?

Reevo17,

If you have a peek on the Interweb, you will hear a lot of talk of the Izzy (Baikal IZH-46M) being 'too forward heavy'.

In all the years I have used mine, I have never found this to be true (for me).

For me, the Izzy has proven to be an excellent, reliable and accurate pistol.

For me, the effective accuracy I get from my Izzy is fully equal to that of my classic 10m springer pistols (FWB65 & Diana/Original Mod10).

I do run the Izzy well lubricated (Synthetic 30 wt motorcycle fork oil).

Spares for the Izzy, can be easily obtained from BayOfFlea (seller sapercustom ) - I got a free Mr. Putin fridge magnet with my last order

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Thanks Russ,

Great free back - I might just bite the bullet and buy new (£475) but I was hoping to find a used one first

Selling yours!? 😉

I bought mine 10 years ago (not selling) I have custom laminate grips on it(Woods and Water in the US) and sold a Feinwerkbau to fund it. I wouldn't go back, I just like the way it handles and is self contained. I also have a set of spares from the bay of E, which came from Russia. They do pop up second hand from time to time but don't hang around long.
    Good luck

Reevo17,

I would never, ever, sell mine

Just looked through my records, and I bought mine, new, in June-2015 from the Sportsman Gun Centre.

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

Quote Originally Posted by AC all day View Post
    I bought mine 10 years ago (not selling) I have custom laminate grips on it(Woods and Water in the US) and sold a Feinwerkbau to fund it. I wouldn't go back, I just like the way it handles and is self contained. I also have a set of spares from the bay of E, which came from Russia. They do pop up second hand from time to time but don't hang around long.
    Good luck
    Thanks mate,

Which feinwerkbau did you sell!?

Thanks chaps,

I’m thinking of selling my FWB80 and HW75 so I might as well nut up and buy new.

Great positive praise on the IZ!