Thread: Unknown German pellets

Unknown German pellets

I've just acquired a cheap, Italian air pistol but what was more unusual are the old tins of pellets that came with it. Can anyone shed any light on their age and value because I've never seen anything like them and can find nothing on Google about them.
    The first is a tin of 200 4.5mm or .177 wad cutter pellets. They are made in Germany but obviously for the English or American market as the tin has Made in Germany and Airgun pellets written in English. The name Z & S is written above the words Diablo Sport. The lid is primarily orange with two curved white crescents.
    The second tin only holds 100 pellets. Again made in Germany for the English. It carries the name DAIRA with 100 Luftgewehrkugeln airgun pellets Kal. 4.5mm-.177 Diabolo also written on the lid.
    Both lids have all logos and writing printed directly on the metal, not on a label. If I was a little more capable I would add some photos but if anyone can help I can email photos. If they are collectable I will sell them, if not I will shoot them.

Z&S was a brand name used by H&N. I think they were it's entry level range. I have no idea about the other one.

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Z&S was a brand name used by H&N. I think they were it's entry level range. I have no idea about the other one.
    Same here. Z&S were H&N’s value brand in the 80s, maybe the 70s too. They definitely offered wadcutters and pointeds. I expect they offered a round-head too.

Diara.

These arrived in NZ mixed with similar cans marked DIANA

Thanks for the info. It seems these are a bit of an oddity so might be worth selling after all, it seems a shame to shoot them if they're scarce.

ZS seventies to early eighties , a common collectible.