Thread: Three little British classics.

Three little British classics.

Friend put me on to a little collection being sold off.

BSA Merlin, all there, tidy condition but won't catch on cocking. Don't think it's much.
    Haven't seen one in the skin before and it's a little beauty. Smallest underlever I've ever seen.

MkII Webley Hawk. Twangy but fantastic bluing. Stock has been sanded and oiled, but very presentable. Think this could be my son's new ratter.

Diana 15. Little tin plate gun. Tidy for it's age. Has had a few bolts replaced by non original ones, so will try and find a few replacements. Says Diana and made in Britain. Think that makes it post war.

Should be me busy for a few evenings.
    ...Diana 24 .177........Feinwerkbau 127.....ASI Sniper .22.. Diana 27 .177. Diana 48 .177 .... HW 98 .22.

Not sure the Hawk 2 is up to ratting, to be honest. Had one from nearly new back in the day. Certainly no powerhouse, & as unreliable (Esp the 'safety' catch) as a politicians promise.
    ATB

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    Not sure the Hawk 2 is up to ratting, to be honest. Had one from nearly new back in the day. Certainly no powerhouse, & as unreliable (Esp the 'safety' catch) as a politicians promise.
    ATB

Bru
    That's a shame. Was hoping that with a new spring it would knock out 9-10ftlb.

Strangely, the rear safety catch has been removed. Perhaps it was causing an issue.

It's certainly had a cherished life, bluing is still lovely.
    ...Diana 24 .177........Feinwerkbau 127.....ASI Sniper .22.. Diana 27 .177. Diana 48 .177 .... HW 98 .22.

Hawk Mk 2

I've no doubt someone who know more than I will be along in a bit. Figures below from the Thrale bible, quoted from Webleys own figures - which I would take with a deal of salt.
    The later, more powerful, Hawk 3 allegedly made 8.07-9.86 ft lb. (.177 & .22)
    The 2 was 7.5-9.74. Putting a more powerful spring in it does nothing other than wearing out everything.
    If you put Hawk into the search box you'll get loads of info.

All the best

Bru
    Webley Mk3 x2, Falcon & Junior rifles, HW35x2, AirSporter x2, Gold Star, Meteors x2, Diana 25. SMK B19, Webley Senior, Premier, Hurricane x 2, Tempest, Dan Wesson 8", Crosman 3576, Legends PO8.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by laverdabru View Post
    I've no doubt someone who know more than I will be along in a bit. Figures below from the Thrale bible, quoted from Webleys own figures - which I would take with a deal of salt.
    The later, more powerful, Hawk 3 allegedly made 8.07-9.86 ft lb. (.177 & .22)
    The 2 was 7.5-9.74. Putting a more powerful spring in it does nothing other than wearing out everything.
    If you put Hawk into the search box you'll get loads of info.

All the best

Bru
    Hi Bru

More powerful springs also makes the crosspin holes at the rear of the cylinder oval as the tubing for the cylinders seems thinner than what would normally be used!!

I just got a nice mk1 in a trade, Luckily it's not been messed with! (Much!)..

I've lad a few in the past that were in a pretty bad way with quite large gaps at the crosspin holes!!

john
    for my gunz guitarz and bonzai, see here
    www.flickr.com/photos/8163995@N07/