Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Air Arms market survey / consultation

Air Arms market survey / consultation

So Air Arms have decided to ask the shooting public what they want from them. Kindly put up by Rich on the other forum.

Please have a look at this. Its simply a click and submit form.

If anyone does fancy an AA break barrel, heres the opportunity to tell them

I'd suggest not ticking springer as they could interpret that choice as any springer in their current range. Just select break barrel.

Remember they want to see what you want, not what you have

https://share.hsforms.com/1vI76hxkgTv2LN7VkqFFVcA59i61
    B.A.S.C. member

Submitted. I chose break barrel, all calibers, laminate & wood, oh and mag capacity of 10.
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

Quote Originally Posted by maximus View Post
    Submitted. I chose break barrel, all calibers, laminate & wood, oh and mag capacity of 10.
    For some reason (I hope that the reason isn't that they want to get the answers they'd like), this survey has gone out on their Facebook page.

Not a very good market research, if you're only asking exisiting owners what they want. They'll end up with a load of replies from contented TX and S410 owners
    B.A.S.C. member

Air Arms

Haven't they done this before? And then they bring out another PCP. As AA themselves said, not a big enough market / profit to make a nice break barrel. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Haven't they done this before? And then they bring out another PCP. As AA themselves said, not a big enough market / profit to make a nice break barrel. Mach 1.5
    Unfortunately you are correct Paul - little to no chance of them producing another Break Barrel.

Although many of us would like to see a 'scaled down' ProElite' designed as a sub 12fpe rifle, in the great scheme of the AA Business, we are but a very tiny number.

Cheers Steve

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    I've filled it in, but it's just not specific enough to give them any real direction, as apart from the break barrel they do all of it already Perhaps it should have been a questionnaire on "what would you like to see on our questionnaire?"
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle View Post
    Unfortunately you are correct Paul - little to no chance of them producing another Break Barrel.

Although many of us would like to see a 'scaled down' ProElite' designed as a sub 12fpe rifle, in the great scheme of the AA Business, we are but a very tiny number.

Cheers Steve
    Yes, TX internals but break barrel. If they redesigned the TX anti bear trap they could even use the same stock pretty much!
    Plinkerer and Tinkerer

I filled it in with aluminium stock would love to see their attempt at a better 10m rifle than they currently do.
    S&W M&P 1522 - Anschutz 1416 - Anschutz 1761 - Beretta Silver Pidgeon III - FWB800 - FX DRS - HW110K - HW100 - Steyr Pro-X - Steyr LG1 - Walther LGM-2

A scaled down pro elite or re-engineered Hw99 or scaled down and re-engineered hw95.

Either of those would be great, so long as the firing manners and reliability are good, I’d be on board.

So absolutely no chance of a decent sub12 side lever then...

Get them to make a Webley Longbow Sidewinder compact, with CD trigger, Sorted. ..
    Les..

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    As AA themselves said, not a big enough market / profit to make a nice break barrel. Mach 1.5
    I know this has probably been debated before but why is this? Weihrauch have about ten break barrels in their line up and they have no issues selling them. Do we know what it is AirArms don’t believe they’d be competitive on?

They managed to get a piece of Weihrauch’s market share with the TX, I wonder why they don’t think it’s viable with a break barrel. I know the Pro Elite was a bit of a flop, but that was for other reasons.

Cheers
    Greg

Quote Originally Posted by robs5230 View Post
    For some reason (I hope that the reason isn't that they want to get the answers they'd like), this survey has gone out on their Facebook page.

Not a very good market research, if you're only asking exisiting owners what they want. They'll end up with a load of replies from contented TX and S410 owners
    Not even anywhere to put ideas/suggestions so it's pretty obvious it's just a paperwork exercise, so they can say they've asked, rather than serious market research.
    Simply offering .20cal would be an improvement.

Pointless debating what they will or won't do.
    Just fill the form in and tell 'em what you do want.
    They'll either take note or not.
    B.A.S.C. member

For those that think sales of HW break barrels demonstrate a market for an AA version answer me this. When was the last time HW developed a Break barrel rifle pretty much from scratch??
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)