Thread: Gamo whisper swarm

Gamo whisper swarm

Morning folks
    A young lad at work is thinking of getting the above gun,said I would ask on here to see if anyone has used them and if they are worth getting
    Cheers al
    tench regged tac scorpion se .177

They are based on their Hunter 440 platform, widely copied. I like them.
    Trigger has a long pull, there are many fixes under the title of crosman trigger improvement.
    Gas ram is snappy giving a quicker Lock cycle.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Cheers mate,will pass that on
    Atb al

I can't comment on the magazine system, having not tried the multishot version.

However, the Gamo Viper I owned certainly impressed with its accuracy and surprisingly good internal finish. Twangy out of the box. A Welsh Willy guide and top hat transformed that aspect. Amazingly easy cocking with the long stroke format and fulcrum positions. And the very light 25mm piston gave excellent recoil characteristics. The little Gamo surprised me and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this platform.

Neil's right about the trigger, though......although you can get used to it.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Gamo

Thanks for that mate,much appreciated
    Atb al

I dont see in the specs it has CAT or SAT trigger. If it doesnt Id pass on it.
    There are lóts of other Gamo models with Swarm and synthetic stock that dó have a better trigger as standard.
    On the Gamo fb page, people really seem to love the 10x system.
    Havent tried mine yet, gunclubs still closed
    ATB,
    yana

Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    I dont see in the specs it has CAT or SAT trigger. If it doesnt Id pass on it.
    There are lóts of other Gamo models with Swarm and synthetic stock that dó have a better trigger as standard.
    On the Gamo fb page, people really seem to love the 10x system.
    Havent tried mine yet, gunclubs still closed
    Yes, I have heard that the later trigger is much better. Having said that, the old one can be learned and excellent accuracy results obtained. Nothing like a harder trigger to ram home trigger technique and follow through!:....It's not actually THAT bad, just a very long (pseudo) second stage which can also be a little inconsistent in its let-off point.

Hope you enjoy yours once you can finally get to the range.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!