Thread: Walter LG90 Help !

Walter LG90 Help !

If someone has a suggestion, it would be very much appreciated, thanks.
    When I cock the LG90, and I believe IÂ’m pushing the side lever all the way, on the return stroke the air pressure comes out of the little transfer hole. It was firing ok, and then started doing this and I wasnÂ’t sure if it was some sort of dry fire option.

Also, only out of interest, does anyone know what the T and F positions on the side are, please?

I don’t seem to be able to get my iPhone to attach pictures to the post

Thanks for looking!

Paul

Hi, your air leak problem is due to a failed valve seal for sure. The T & F positions relate to dry fire as I understand it. I've been repairing this type of gun since the late 70s, so I'm certain that's your fault. I'm not sure about competent service folk near to you, but no doubt there will be suggestions on here. If you're totally stuck I could do it, it's just the fact of posting a valuable item. You can PM me on messenger or whatsapp.

Thanks for your reply, if you don’t mind, I’ll pm you
    Rgds

As abellringer has said, it's highly likely that your exhaust valve seal has perished. All the original seals turn to cheese over the years. The T&F are indeed there to set the rifle to 'dryfire' only 'T' If you have a manual it will tell you how to do it. Personally I would leave it on 'F'.

Some photos of old & new LG90 exhaust valve seal

[IMG]DSC03026 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]DSC03029 by Mark Davis, on Flickr[/IMG]

Thanks Mark, helpful pictures also