Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sub 12ftlbs lightweight hunting air rifle

Sub 12ftlbs lightweight hunting air rifle

Hi all, im looking for new hunting pcp , must be lightweight, good shot count ,powerful, multi shot.
    My short short list pushers me towards bsa ultra se , but not sure shot count is very good, I like bottles but still need light. Max budget £1000.
    Thinking about.
    Bsa ultra se buy now budget.or save for
    Bsa r10
    Fx maverick

You could have a look at the BSA Scorpion se. Very similar to the Ultra but a bit higher shot count. For hunting how many shots would you take in a session? the Ultra probably has enough for the average trip.

Brocock commander/sniper. They’re literally just over a grand new, so maybe even a used one. I don’t have one, but people seem to like them, carbon bottle etc.

Jesim1 is offline Likes to wear driving gloves in the bedroom
    Forget an Ultra if you want a decent shot count, mine done about 30 ish.

Look at something like a Regal HR/S410/HW100k and an R10 if it's had it's reg sorted
    Making a mockery of growing old gracefully since I retired

Kral NP02 is good for the money, multi shot and light weight. 200 shots per fill

Artemis p15 ticks all your wishes.

you dont say if new or second hand,but if used then i have a fx verminator its very light short and quiet,and a good shot count.
    rapid 7 mk2 .22/btas 30ftlbs fac./fx verminator 177
    rapid 17 mk1 regged(by ben taylor)in mk2 stock
    savage hmr and dm80 mod/ crickett .22

if its a grand then the fx maverick will be over budget. A fx dreamline lite compact or standard. The compact will give you a good shotcount certainly above the bsa ultra 18 shot mag adjustable power and regulated. under a grand.

I get fourty five shots per charge from my 177 ultra se, which is fine for most outings, when I need more shots I use my np02, not quite as lightweight but as has been said earlier plenty of shots per charge for busy sessions

you wont go wrong with a p15

Quote Originally Posted by baldinio View Post
    I get fourty five shots per charge from my 177 ultra se, which is fine for most outings, when I need more shots I use my np02, not quite as lightweight but as has been said earlier plenty of shots per charge for busy sessions
    That's a lot of shots for a Ultra in .177 Chris, is it standard or you fitted a reg ? All the ones I've had seem to get about 30 - 35 in .177.
    LOOKING FOR A BSA ULTRA IN .177 and .25

Bought a scorpion se amongst other guns for a pest control company, was very impressed with it. Not much heavier than an ultra. You will have plenty left over for a scope and bits.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    That's a lot of shots for a Ultra in .177 Chris, is it standard or you fitted a reg ? All the ones I've had seem to get about 30 - 35 in .177.
    i used to get about 45 out of my .177 running at about 11.4ftlb. Most of the ones i have put over a chrono run about 40-45 shots.

Quote Originally Posted by Trumpetier View Post
    Totally standard mate, doing about 10.5 ft/lbs I think bsa quote fourty shots in 177 and fifty in 22. I assumed I was getting a few more because it's slightly underpowered.

good shot rate that for one of those