Thread: HW95k .177

HW95k .177

Hi
    can you recommend a tuner I can get to bring my 95k up to a good specification, it's new and has a Tinbum short stork kit fitted. I would like someone who knows what they are doing to sort it out as I don't really know if I am doing the best for the gun. I would it to be as good as it can be!

Maybe Lyn Lewington (venoman on here) or Tony at Sandwell Field Sports?
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

tinbum is online now Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    First question must be: What are you finding a problem? What needs fixing?

Absolutely, Nick. A little pointless embarking on a tune if you're not sure what traits you'd like to dial in or out. Also good to perform some before and after testing so you know if the tune has improved things or not.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Thanks for your comments, I think you are right I need to carry out some more tests, there may be nothing wrong it's just I haven't done a lot of shooting for years and I wanted to start off with the gun working a good as posable. I am just looking for an accurate gun at about 30yds. I probably need to practice further.

Excellent. Okay, in that case, just shoot and enjoy for now. Reacquaint yourself with and polish the required technique.

The 95 is an excellent rifle out of the box. My .177 was used as standard for nigh-on 20 years before treating it to a refresh.

Get some good quality pellets. They are not pellet fussy but the very best results will, most likely, be obtained with H&N Field Target Trophy, JSB Exact, Exact Express, the Air Arms Field or Crosman Premier 7.9.

Shout up for any further help.
    Last edited by TonyL; 27-01-2021 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tinbum View Post
    First question must be: What are you finding a problem? What needs fixing?
    Sorry, your kit went in well and I don't know if anything needs fixing, I think when things open up and I can take it out and maybe let someone else have a shoot it will put my mind at rest. my problem is I fitted the get and have only put a couple of dozen pellet though as I now don't have anywhere to shoot or anyone to shoot with at the moment because of lockdown!

Thanks again for the kit and your advice over the phone.