Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hammerli 800 Blackout kits stopped!

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by kash2001 View Post
    Hi Pete that's great thank you I've seen the video before and the AGS videos are fantastic and informative 😁

I'll look at getting maybe the silencer and SMK SYNSG if it's a direct clone with longer barrel, I assume this one didn't have the piston issues 🤞

A great help Pete again appreciated and I'll speak with drapers also.

Atb
    I think most of these Chinese 34 clones are all made in the same factory (but I may be wrong) and are just rebadged for what ever company wants them, so the piston rod problem may be with all of them? it was a few years ago so the problem may have been solved by now.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

I've had three of them. XS208. TH208 and SYNSG. They are all built on the BAM B25 platform. The latch rod problem is common and down to the design. It has even been known for the real D34 to suffer the same problem. It can be cured by drilling and pinning through the piston wall and down through the side of the latch rod.
    You can shorten the barrel by five inches if fitting a mod without loss of power. I've done both .177 and .22. so I didn't end up with a drey poker.

Hi and many thanks for the info oohhh that's a shocker, having to tamper and drill to get it sorted, I'm not good with a drill The barrel length I can live, with but I'm assuming that it's not UNF threaded for a silencer other than the blackout, if i pick one of the other options.

Nothings ever easy, I'll see what drapers say as I've not heard back yet but not surprised. If I can get one, is there any info out there as to the work needed, so I could get a gunsmith to sort it at all?

Great info and background on this, truly appreciated.

Atb

look no hands is offline Even better looking than a HW35
    Quote Originally Posted by kash2001 View Post
    Hi and many thanks for the info oohhh that's a shocker, having to tamper and drill to get it sorted, I'm not good with a drill The barrel length I can live, with but I'm assuming that it's not UNF threaded for a silencer other than the blackout, if i pick one of the other options.

Nothings ever easy, I'll see what drapers say as I've not heard back yet but not surprised. If I can get one, is there any info out there as to the work needed, so I could get a gunsmith to sort it at all?

Great info and background on this, truly appreciated.

Atb
    Right then, is the reason you want one of these rifles because of the synthetic stock? the silencer? or the action?

If it's because of the silencer then it might be worth looking at some of the other rifles Pellpax have to offer with that silencer fitted or if they are prepared to include one (you'd obviously have to pay for it) on a combo and swap out the silencer they have on it already.

Pete
    Far too many rifles to list now, all mainly British but the odd pesky foreigner has snuck in

Quote Originally Posted by look no hands View Post
    Right then, is the reason you want one of these rifles because of the synthetic stock? the silencer? or the action?

If it's because of the silencer then it might be worth looking at some of the other rifles Pellpax have to offer with that silencer fitted or if they are prepared to include one (you'd obviously have to pay for it) on a combo and swap out the silencer they have on it already.

Pete
    Hi Pete

Thanks for the reply, in answer to your question "the reason you want one of these"

I think the easy answer is, all the reasons you gave, as it looks a good 'all in one' package. The reviews show it to be accurate which is good, definately the synthetic stock and the silencer, although not efficient looks good on the gun. It just looked a pretty package.

I would be happy to buy a different variant with synthetic stock that doesn't need loads of tinkering. I'm happy to strip and service guns, but drilling isn't my thing.

I'd ideally like it to work pretty well out the box, as sending stuff off under current restrictions isn't ideal at present.

So yes a package that I could put together for under £200 or around, would be great with the silencer, if it performs as well as it appears in the online vids.

I had looked at one of the HW break barrel synthetics as an alternative. But as work hasn't been easy and shut half my business due to Covid, budget is tight, I know I'm not alone.

Anyway, dreaming aside of a HW Syn it ticked a lot of boxes, but the deeper we dig the more it's revealed. But it looks a pretty package and it's an itch I've been scratching for 14 months

Your input and support has been invaluable, a great help.

Atb

Take a look at the Remington Express XP Tactical if synthetic is your bag.
    http://www.sportsmk.co.uk/cat/32441/...mington/#22753
    They are a good rifle for the money. Nice trigger. The mod is bonded to the barrel for the American market, so not removable without chopping it off. The safety is resetable The rifle is made by BAM who makes the other you are interested in. It is basically an amalgam of the B25 (XS208) and B26 (HW95 clone) and made only for Remington.

Hi thank you for the suggestion it doesn't look a bad gun and reviews seem OK, Im just not feeling the desire for it, but there's something about the 800 Blackout that ticks boxes, that this one doesn't.

I'm not too keen on cutting off the barrel also as I'd need a gun Smith for that rather than me go at it with a hacksaw.

But thank you for the suggestion always welcome but in the stoic words of Paddy McGuinness 'No likely No lighty'

Atb

Hi all just a quick note to say Drapers messaged and said there could be a fix for it all 👍

I'll call them tomorrow to confirm what's possible and if they can sort things for me.

It's not the package I'd set out for but if it looks like a duck and sounds like one... It must be a Hammerli 800 Blackout in disguise. 😁

After the chat tomorrow I'll post what they've suggested on here 🤞

Atb