Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accles & Shelvoke Warrior.

Am I correct in assuming the frame is only spot welded to the cylinder? If so holding the grip as recommended to cock would place the spot welding under strain. Perhaps I worry too much.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    Thanks Brian,
    There’s some nice phrasing on that lid:
    ‘Very simple in construction, it needs very little instruction’ has a poetic ring to it.
    First time I’ve ever heard of a trigger ‘falling into bent’
    Artwork is very fine too.

I notice it recommends transferring the pistol to your left hand to cock and load it, then presumably back to your right for firing.
    I don’t know about you but I used to hold the pistol in me right hand and just rotate it anti clockwise to open the cocking arm with my left hand.

I did a very impromptu video of my old one 3 years ago, comparing it very briefly to a record Jumbo.

https://youtu.be/BujAX57fD-U

Rewatching it I definitely want a .177 one at some point in the future.

Cheers,
    Matt
    Hi Matt,

I always enjoy the videos you upload to You Tube which have become a little more sophisticated of late. I cock my Warrior in the way recommended on the instruction label, but I can see why you use a different method. Mine is in almost new condition and consequently probably as powerful as these pistols ever were. Although I haven't put it through a chronograph, my gut feeling is that performs to a similar level as my equivalent Webley models in .177 calibre anyway.
    It's been my experience that the .22 calibre is better suited to Co2 powered pistols and .177 to spring powered pistols.
    You will probably have already concluded that two numbers scribbled on the inside of the box lid are British and US patent numbers, but goodness knows who PM, Stanbra from Broadway might be.

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post

Mine is in .177calibre and in the later black box which I think is the rarer of the two boxes produced.

Brian
    Hi Brian,

I have never seen the standing knight box in the flesh in over 30 years of collecting! I have seen several of the later Gold Medal boxes though - Keith had one on his stall for some time and JC Miltaria had one on their website for ages too - it may still be on there as the price was astronomical.

John M
    Currently looking for Baikal Makarov pistols with the following prefixes to the serial number: 98, T01, T09, T21, T22
    Prefer boxed or cased but will consider loose examples too.

Accles shelvoke

Hi just bought a accles and shelvoke ltd warrior but got no rear sight,would you know where i could find one from.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow1 View Post
    Hi just bought a accles and shelvoke ltd warrior but got no rear sight,would you know where i could find one from.
    Is it the whole sight or just the adjustable blade that is missing please?

I got a boxed Warrior in Christchurch...

https://imgur.com/a/X3kV0lZ
    cost $NZ230. Box lid was pretty tatty.

Quote Originally Posted by brokenarrow1 View Post
    I'm not aware of any source of spare parts for the Warrior other than from a doner pistol or getting one fabricated. Here are a couple of pictures of the rear sight of my Warrior to give you an idea of what it looks like.

Good luck with your search.

Brian
    Last edited by Abasmajor; 02-07-2021 at 12:33 PM.