Thread: Sudden interest in BP?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.C View Post
    I won't be giving up CF rifles any time soon but will admit to being BP curious, variation in. 1st ever shot was interesting and resulted in a bruised nose, was rather more than the soft push I was expecting.
    Ah, yes. Somebody was just taking the p*** out of you that time. On guest days I load a .58cal Musketoon with that HUGE Minié bullet over just 45gr of 2Fg - it's a good intro.

Quote Originally Posted by tacfoley View Post
    Ah, yes. Somebody was just taking the p*** out of you that time. On guest days I load a .58cal Musketoon with that HUGE Minié bullet over just 45gr of 2Fg - it's a good intro.
    Likewise. If someone wants to be a hero I'll put 65gn in, but I've never seen the point of scaring newbies. They just wont come back.
    [I]DesG
    Domani e troppo tardi

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    Quote Originally Posted by DesG View Post
    Likewise. If someone wants to be a hero I'll put 65gn in, but I've never seen the point of scaring newbies. They just wont come back.
    Absolutely agree. A chap I know used to delight in letting a newbie shoot his .357 magnum revolver, with target load 38 specials except for the last chamber which had a full factory magnum. What a hoot [NOT], at the expense of another newbie we never see again. Have a bit of a laugh with experienced shooters by all (safe) means but it's already daunting enough for someone not used to guns - be welcoming and be gentle.
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL