Thread: HW45 Red Dot Advice

HW45 Red Dot Advice

I can’t use the excellent open sights because I have a pistol stock fitted and they lack the required adjustment (it shoots high with a pistol stock fitted).
    The front rails only take certain red dot sights due to the unusual width. I’ve been using an old Hawke Dot which mounts OK but the adjustment is very ham fisted.

Any recommendations for a decent quality red dot that will fit the rail width?

Thanks!

JMH123,

I have been using the below Vector Optics red-dot on my 0.177" HW45 Silver Star for over a year, and have been very satisfied

https://premium-quality-air-rifle-ac...tor-p198636872

Have fun & a good Sunday

Best regards

Russ

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    If you use the spring loaded dovetail to weaver adapters from evil bay you can put any Red dot you fancy ontop

I am using one of the cheap screen types and a great addition when my eyes re a bit tyred
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

Quote Originally Posted by stagmanv835 View Post
    If you use the spring loaded dovetail to weaver adapters from evil bay you can put any Red dot you fancy ontop

I am using one of the cheap screen types and a great addition when my eyes re a bit tyred
    Presumably needs to be for a 13mm dovetail?

stagmanv835 is offline i tend to drink while on the bbs
    If you search for 184037512870 on evil bay thease are the ones I use x2 for the size of the weaver base on my reddot sight
    You only have the rights you are willing to fight for

Antoni is offline There's nothing cushy about life in the Women's Auxiliary Balloon Corps!
    This thread explains why the Hawke Vantage red dot sight has been modified (not too carefully) by the previous owner of my 45.

The previous owner said the Hawke's mountings were modified only to get the sight exactly in line with the barrel but I didn't see the need for that. Seems they may have been modified just to fit the rails.

Works well but I prefer the standard glow sights.

Amazing what you find out on here.
    Last edited by Antoni; 31-01-2021 at 11:15 AM.
    P1V1overT1=P2V2overT2