Quote Originally Posted by Portzy View Post
An interesting thread. Something I have noticed though, unless I have not read everything in fine detail is that most comparisons are polarised. That's to say we seem to be discussing relatively simple air rifle / rim fire scopes such as Hawke or NS against high end manufacturers such as Zeiss, Swarovski, et al with not much mention of anything in between. Like I said, I may have missed something.

Now, the point of my post. Supposing that I have an itch for a step up myself and I fancy something "wallet relevant" mid or upper market, simple no frills and all the money in the construction and glass, low profile capped turrets, L4A or similar reticle, wide field of view and low mag 1.5 to 6.

I can opt for either Zeiss Victory HT 1.5-6x42 at £xxxx or Hawke Endurance 30 WA 1.5-6x44 at nearly a quarter the price of the Zeiss. Either scope will eventually be destined for a centre fire in .222Rem but for now it will be on a rim fire.

So, in this instance it's Hawke v Zeiss, there's nothing in the Swarovski, Steiner, or Leica stables that appeals by the way.
Hawke Vs Zeiss....chalk n cheese. !!!

There are plenty of makes out there now.
You seem to be after a fairly basic spec so look at the makers and see what line ups match your criteria.

Clearly you need to prioritise what features are a specofic requirement such as the ret style and what has a little movement.

Sad to say, scope selection can be a pain. My friend has a 6 series Bushnell. He thinks its magic.... I think its totally crap....

Vortex have some nice kit. I chose Vortex bins over Nikon.

There are many other brands to consider too.

Have a look at Ramsbottom, Utting, OPW, SGC........

Collate makes then look at potential contenders.

Legwork really