Thread: Just been shooting my FAC Pro Elite...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by charub View Post
    Quick question for all of the PE owners - what size scope do you find balances your rifle the best? I know everybody will be different, just interested.
    Unfortunately I cannot answer this from a depth of experience of various scopes.
    I think the .22 example I have here has the Simmons Deerfield x50 that it came with and they are well matched. Both gun and scope being of similar vintage I think.
    Don't think I've ever scoped the .177 from memory but I'm not sure that I'd really go beyond x40 really?
    Not sure how the '80 and PE compare weight wise but despite not having done a side by side comparison session I feel the PE is better balanced from word go and has a better chance of a good outcome when scoped.
    Trust me I love my 80 but the PE is a better gun overall....
    Dave

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    mine both have mid weight 40 mm zooms on medium mounts. seems to balance out fine.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    ohhhh....

Just found some FAPs locally 13.43 grainers. We know springer generally liek these lighter .22, and the PE is no exception... Noticably faster action, and a bit less recoil.

Put some card out at 40 yards and managed a few groups (all 5 shots) ranging from 3/8" to 5/8", with most around 1/2". The JSB 16 grainers were more like 5/8" to 3/4".

I'll take that, especially with an extra 30 or so fps to flatten out the trajectory
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.