Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just been shooting my FAC Pro Elite...

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    the PE breech block and jaws are very substantial.. I don't have an 80 to hand, but I'm pretty sure the PE setup is beefier. But there's really nothing wrong with the 80 - they are not flimsy, I agree - so the PE is probably over-engineered.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Barryg View Post
    LOL the HW80 Flimsy, I can agree that the AA bluing looks more expansive if if that is what you mean by cheap but just trying think where the 80 is flimsy next to the PE, it cant be the end block as that would be more robust if abused by over tightening a mount, that only leaves the breech area and I'm not sure how anyone could call that flimsy
    A nice custom 80 would compare with a PE but the PE already looks like a custom job and it's the only gun I still won't but only if I can find one that has not been messed with
    I always felt the 80 flexing as I popped the barrel back into the detent. Felt sort of springy, for lack of a better description. and those tiny little shims and the scoring on the breech block. The factory guide was a joke at best. The cocking link always jingled about from new and the piston stem is thinner than the AA guns. That lump of metal that screws into the receiver is the heaviest part of an HW and serves no strength purpose, but it does help the guns not feel as front heavy. The AA receiver is plenty strong enough to handle any amount of mount tightening and it's always in line from end to end unlike the HW unit which always goes a little past after the first time you open it up, easy to fix, but it still does it.. I had my 80 for 20 years or so and I liked it just fine, but the PE is a step up the quality ladder. My 80 and a $100 bill helped me get a fabulous deal on a Mark1 TX200. Now that is a gun built to last. The PE also had the same trigger unit as the TX's and it is better than the Rekord, this is fact not just my opinion and anyone who says different is simply wrong. They also don't know how to, easily and simply, adjust the CD. One thing the PE needed was the 80's open sights.

Pro Elite.

Never seen one. Always hear good things about them. Want one, but rare so don`t think I`l ever get one. Regards Ken.