Hello, just a few words to introduce myself. Back when I was a teenager, which was almost 40 years ago, I started bell target shooting with an air rifle, and eventually moved on to 10m air rifle and crossbow, and small-bore prone and 3P matches. I still have my old Feinwerkbau 600 (October 1985), and a BSA Mercury S that I've had from new in 1982. I've recently started to prepare for shooting again, but only plinking. So my old FWB just had its degraded seals replaced and all the old stickers and glue removed from the stock, and it's looking and shooting nicely. My Mercury S never had much use, and the barrel has always been unlatched, so the breech seal is still good.

I recently happened across a BSF S54N underlever in superb shape, which the guy sold to me even though I pitched him a very low offer I was sure he would refuse. Haven't been able to test it too much yet, but I've given it some TLC and I'm looking forward to seeing how goes. The leather piston washer soaked up some neatfoot oil and the seal is totally airtight. It's not a pretty rifle, but it's solidly made!

I also picked up a pretty minty T.J. Harrington Gat pistol, mostly for the novelty of owning the world's most disappointing air gun. Again the price was right, so why not. It's a post 1982 model with the formed grip and safety catch, but not that young that it has the Umarex name. I think you have to be drunk to have a chance of hitting the target with it, because you have no chance if you try to aim it.

Finally I'm going to pick up a proper oldie tomorrow: an FLZ (Friedrich Langenhan, of Zella-Mehlis) Original V. It's a 1930's break barrel rifle with a unique barrel release catch/lock-up mechanism. Again I found it for a nice price, although in terms of condition it will be the worst of my 5...although it's not looking to bad for an 80+ year old.