Thread: targetscan

targetscan

Targetscan

hi folks are there any targetscan guru's in here.
    the question i have is "is there different ways of scoring a card"

kind regards
    Johnny

I’m no expert but I have used it a fair bit. Not sure what you mean by “different ways of scoring a card”
    It’s a useful tool but not foolproof, you need good lighting and you must hold the camera square on to the target.
    I use my iPad as a light box and my phone as the camera.
    "This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours"

Quote Originally Posted by silversurfer View Post
    I’m no expert but I have used it a fair bit. Not sure what you mean by “different ways of scoring a card”
    It’s a useful tool but not foolproof, you need good lighting and you must hold the camera square on to the target.
    I use my iPad as a light box and my phone as the camera.
    Hi many thanks for your response.
    When it gives you a a score of say 248 it gives a possible score of for example 258 in brackets.
    I get on ok with the scanning and setting a shot string.
    Kind regards
    Johnny

Turnup is offline Dialling code‎: ‎01344
    AFAIK there are three ways to score a card.

The highest scoring surface touched by the shot, the lowest scoring surface touched by the shot, or the highest scoring surface touched by the centre of the shot. The last being the method used by the MLAGB to equalise shooters using different calibres, but it is not without some difficulties in judging.

Could the two scores offered be the highest/lowest options?
    True freedom includes the freedom to make mistakes or do foolish things and bear the consequences.
    TANSTAAFL

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Johnnyhw97 View Post
    Hi many thanks for your response.
    When it gives you a a score of say 248 it gives a possible score of for example 258 in brackets.
    I get on ok with the scanning and setting a shot string.
    Kind regards
    Johnny
    The scores in brackets are decimal scores e.g. 10.1 10.2 etc ( or in my case 7.9 8.1 etc )
    You can turn off decimal scoring in the new folder screen when you select the target.
    "This Is My Truth Tell Me Yours"

Turnup is right the scoring systems are Inward Gauging (the highest score taken for the ring which is cut) used on 50 and 100 yard Prone target shooting, and Outward Gauging as used on 15,20 and 25 yard prone shooting for NSRA competitions. I think the other method is called biased and as stated uses the centre of the hole not the edge of it thus making it fairer in competitons such as black powder where a number of varying calibres may be acceptable for the competition rules.
    ATB Martini
    Good Deals with Mikewaring, ggggr, watchsapart, Majex45, Nhill, zebedee71,Eredel,Hawksthorn,Red Bob, Stanbridge,Barrow_Matt,Mr.Fixit-Norm, turbo33 .atb thankyou all Neil

I use it. You get the score, decimal score and best possible score. The best possible score is what you would have if the sights/group was bang on.
    Steyr Challenge HFT - HW97K - BSA Mercury Challenger - Anschutz 9015 One - AA Pro Target - AA Pro Elite - ASI Paratrooper (R) - Walther LP500