Thread: Crosman backpacker session

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Crosman backpacker session

Well today as its miserible out i dug out the backpacker for an indoor play session. Dam i love this little beaut. Tried a small venom moderator on it for some shots. Suprised even though its well enginered the venom mod is quite pants at calming down the report. Although to be fair is is quite small but does look bloody good. The best one i found worked on the backpacker is my swift full length which reduces it to a mouses fart. I think fitting the 10" barrel has not helped but love the look with the brass barrel support. Had a lovely session with this beaut to be honest

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Well today as its miserible out i dug out the backpacker for an indoor play session. Dam i love this little beaut. Tried a small venom moderator on it for some shots. Suprised even though its well enginered the venom mod is quite pants at calming down the report. Although to be fair is is quite small but does look bloody good. The best one i found worked on the backpacker is my swift full length which reduces it to a mouses fart. I think fitting the 10" barrel has not helped but love the look with the brass barrel support. Had a lovely session with this beaut to be honest
    Braw min. Is this a classic Backpacker or one of the newer ones? I have always liked the look of those. I had a wee session with a Lov21 Co2 pistol in the house today. It was bloody loud in the confines of my hall. I had a story ready for my neighbour involving a nail gun and DIY.
    My Victory CP2 is very quiet n comparison- its factory mod is extremely effective despite its tiny size. I think I'll stick to that .

Quote Originally Posted by Drew451 View Post
    Braw min. Is this a classic Backpacker or one of the newer ones? I have always liked the look of those. I had a wee session with a Lov21 Co2 pistol in the house today. It was bloody loud in the confines of my hall. I had a story ready for my neighbour involving a nail gun and DIY.
    My Victory CP2 is very quiet n comparison- its factory mod is extremely effective despite its tiny size. I think I'll stick to that .
    Had my backpacker since 2000. She is an old girl but performs lovely still. Changed the barrel support to a brass one that also takes a moderator. Fitted a steel breech to her last year also.

So what's this, "wind Tone up night", or what, Wilbs?

Nice one on the plink, though. My 1377 "mini-carbine" is often used at short range indoors on 3 or 4 pumps and is very accurate. Lovely things.

One of my other Crosman "mini-carbines" is 2240 based. Would like to build one of those with a longer, approx 14" barrel, at some point.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Nice one on the plink, though. My 1377 "mini-carbine" is often used at short range indoors on 3 or 4 pumps and is very accurate. Lovely things.

One of my other Crosman "mini-carbines" is 2240 based. Would like to build one of those with a longer, approx 14" barrel, at some point.
    I have a 1377 pistol also. Got a spare shoulder stock and backpacker pump arm. So gonna convert it to . 22cal with the 17" barrel i have here.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post

Will send you a, few pics of the backpacker when i remember

You're such a tease!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by WILBA View Post
    Well today as its miserible out i dug out the backpacker for an indoor play session. Dam i love this little beaut....
    Yes, they are a quite good performer, especially considering the format and price. (once the flimsy plastic breech is replaced).
    Come to think of it, mine deserves a compact moderator... Ah another project on the never-ending list

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    Yes, they are a quite good performer, especially considering the format and price. (once the flimsy plastic breech is replaced).
    Come to think of it, mine deserves a compact moderator... Ah another project on the never-ending list
    Mine has a steel breech. Much better than the plastic crap.

Agreed. Both of my "mini-carbine" Crosmans have the steel breeches fitted, one a Crosman and one a G-Mac item. An absolute must for if you want to use optics and much more secure and solid feeling anyway. And it's this solidity that makes me prefer this platform over the flimsier (in my eyes) designs of rifles like the 2100, 760 etc.