Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Crosman backpacker session

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    I haven't got a chrono out here, but my .22 on 5 pumps looked like it must have been doing at least 4.5, probably nearer 6 FP from the trajectory and impact at 15 yards. Excellent accuracy too.

Sounds a lot more "pump efficient" than Tony's 4.5 on 10 pumps - and this is a short .22 1322 barrel ( I converted it from a longer barreled .177 specifically for rats) - have you chrono'd yours at a similar number of pumps ? Seemed a fair bit spicier on 8 pumps too, but it's just too boring to try any more...
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post
    I haven't got a chrono out here, but my .22 on 5 pumps looked like it must have been doing at least 4.5, probably nearer 6 FP from the trajectory and impact at 15 yards. Excellent accuracy too.

Sounds a lot more "pump efficient" than Tony's 4.5 on 10 pumps - and this is a short .22 1322 barrel ( I converted it from a longer barreled .177 specifically for rats) - have you chrono'd yours at a similar number of pumps ? Seemed a fair bit spicier on 8 pumps too, but it's just too boring to try any more...
    She was doing 10.5 when it was in . 22cal and a 17" barrel on 12 pumps.. But changing calibre and going back to a 10" barrel id say it is hoovering around 6-7ftlb now on 10 pumps. I have not bothered testing her on the skan chrono yet. But to be fair i dont see the point as this is my fun gun. But would ad you know be great for rats at close range. If i was intelligent enough id put some pics up but i am computer illiterate.

Quote Originally Posted by Shed tuner View Post

This "mini-carbine" of mine is a Mark 3, Jon.. Guessing probably not quite as efficient as some of the earlier ones? But, as said before, everything other than the steel breech is stock - hammer spring, valve, port etc. I know it'd be fairly easy to get more power, but it's simply not required in my fun gun application. I've sometimes thought a little about flat top pistons etc., but then just shelved the idea, preferring to keep more within the "budget gun" aura.

The later ones, as you know, make even less power, with the "blow off" hole in the valve body. I have such a beast also. Totally standard at the moment. Must have a play sometime.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    cheers guys.. yes C, 6-7 on 10 pumps sounds consistent with mine (i feel with mine you'd be around there on 8 pumps, but that's .22) . Mine not modded either Tony, just a steel breech. It was more a case of thinking you may have a leak (pump side) or one of those stupid valve bleed holes.
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Cheers, Jon.. Will have a look at it at some point then. To be fair, I've only ever used it with Hobby as it only gets used for shorter range fun at home and it's incredibly accurate with the Hobby so never tried anything else. Plus they're cheap.. Guessing that, being a pump-up, it might make a little more power with slightly heavier pellets? And, obviously, starting life as a pistol I wouldn't want to risk getting too close to the limit anyway. Despite it having the shoulder stock, it's always seemed a grey area re the power?.......

P.S.....When I got my other one, about three years ago, I wanted the newly reintroduced 1322. The sharp, black, mean looking one. But I chased around all over and was told that they'd stopped bringing them in as most were over the limit. So I plumped for another 1377. I haven't chrono' it, but you can tell that the power is weedier than the 2009 one, so its output certainly doesn't tie in with its moody black looks.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!