Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boinger Bash Lounge

Anything'd be better than those soaps, Pete.

I'll have a search out for the one you mention. It's nice now that we can view YouTube through an app thing (me being ever technical here) on Sky and, hence, on the TV. I actually managed to sneakily watch some pellet testing videos for a while yesterday afternoon without getting rumbled.

Nothing quite like the real thing, though. Must get some plinkies in; I'm well out of practice and especially hopeless on standers!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And a bit of colour for the page.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

And a nice, helpful little road sign.

A muted Boing up the page and continuing thoughts to Craig and family.

Up we go with a Friday afternoon boing.

I recently bought some 'damaged tins' of Crosman Premier 'Domed Ultra Magnum' 14.3grn roundhead pellets from our sponsor, at a discounted price.
    Well, the tins and the contents look in good condition to me, and who can resist a bargain

This afternoon I tried a few in my .22 HW45 Silver Star, and they seem OK at close plinking ranges. They drop into the breech quite easily, and require just a short final push to seat them firmly in the barrel.

I haven't tried them over the chrono yet, but I'll do that soon, and try some other pellets as well for comparison.

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Bloody Tony, getting me all wound up over a new BSA. They should stick to Bantams!!!!
    Pete

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    They should stick to Bantams!!!!
    But the Bantam was a German bike.

Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    Don't know much about 'em, Mick. No doubt the good old BSA will have got them wrong too!
    Last edited by TonyL; 06-03-2021 at 08:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Bloody Tony, getting me all wound up over a new BSA. They should stick to Bantams!!!!
    Sorry, Pete.. Were BSA involved in the poultry trade at any point?

Anyways, they have GOT to treat us to a boinger next!

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Up we go with a Friday afternoon boing.

I recently bought some 'damaged tins' of Crosman Premier 'Domed Ultra Magnum' 14.3grn roundhead pellets from our sponsor, at a discounted price.
    Well, the tins and the contents look in good condition to me, and who can resist a bargain

This afternoon I tried a few in my .22 HW45 Silver Star, and they seem OK at close plinking ranges. They drop into the breech quite easily, and require just a short final push to seat them firmly in the barrel.

I haven't tried them over the chrono yet, but I'll do that soon, and try some other pellets as well for comparison.

BOING

The last few times I've bought pellets I've also bought them from JSR, Paul. Breaking one of my long standing self-imposed rules of supporting my "local". But I don't really have a local and I appreciate just how much the BBS means to me.

My last two orders have also included some Crosman pellets. The .22 wadcutters. Cheap as chips, seem really well made and finished and seemingly as good through my 2240s as anything else.. Everything from the H&N Excite range seems really good value too. I've only tried the .22 Hammer so far and, like the Crosmans mentioned, seem very good for the down to earth price. Makes shorter range home plinking in .22 less of a luxury pursuit.

flyingfish is offline I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Quote Originally Posted by T 20 View Post
    An imitation Weirauch would have been better
    Pete

Or maybe not.

Just imagine a Brummy 35 with rolled sheet piston and barrel hinge pin!

Uppy we go with a Monday morning BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    My last two orders have also included some Crosman pellets. The .22 wadcutters. Cheap as chips, seem really well made and finished and seemingly as good through my 2240s as anything else.. Everything from the H&N Excite range seems really good value too. I've only tried the .22 Hammer so far and, like the Crosmans mentioned, seem very good for the down to earth price. Makes shorter range home plinking in .22 less of a luxury pursuit.
    I bought some of these Crosman wadcutters to use in my Crosman 600 - a good all round pellet that shoots well for plinking in a variety of guns.

I note that 'Webley Verminpells' are the same, but cost more

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Although I haven't checked recently, I think JSR also still stock the 7.9 gr boxed Crosman Premier? Lovely pellets that go well in a good few of my HWs.