Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boinger Bash Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Nice one on the Boingy-up marshalling, Paul.. Great to see you on and I hope you're okay. Fantastic to see you've been using the charismatic HW45 for home fun.

And is that a recent change to your signature re the HW30? Lovely little things, aren't they?
    Hello Tone,

We're all OK here thanks, and I hope all is ok with you and your family.

The HW30 I've got is the one that you picked up for me from Nick, oldskools, on the way to Quigley Hollow a few years ago.

I've been using it down our club, when we could , at 10m for plinking on the indoor range, and further distances on the 50m outdoor range. Great little guns, - mine is .177, blued and synthetic black stock

I've got four HW45's now

1 - Standard .177
    2 - Silver Star .177 with fettled internals
    3 - Silver Star .22
    4 - Black Star .22

All purchased off BBS members
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Bash 2021

Hi Everyone,

I hope you are well and coping with the lockdown.
    Personally, apart from going to the pub nothing much has changed for me, except I am now an essential worker. For those who don't know I am the caretaker at a local school which has been open for the children of essential workers, so I still get up every morning.

I have made enquiries with a local land owner and a farmer as to the possibility of holding a meeting.
    The response is positive and we have a narrow window of opportunity between the hay being cut and the birds being released on the local shoot.
    The best dates for me would be the 26th and 27th June, the previous weekend being given the UKCAF to help share the cost.
    We have a possible plan B and alternative location plan C.

So 26th and 27th June 2021
    Between the A606 and A46, Nether Broughton near Melton Mowbray.

I will start new Thread shortly asking for prospective attendees. Depending on the situation at the time we may be limited on numbers.

Camping will be in a field, with portaloos, no running water but I will arrange for a water run every lunch time ish.

Lots to sort out but I will let you all know soon.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Personally, apart from going to the pub nothing much has changed for me, except I am now an essential worker. For those who don't know I am the caretaker at a local school which has been open for the children of essential workers, so I still get up every morning.

I have made enquiries with a local land owner and a farmer as to the possibility of holding a meeting.
    The response is positive and we have a narrow window of opportunity between the hay being cut and the birds being released on the local shoot.
    The best dates for me would be the 26th and 27th June, the previous weekend being given the UKCAF to help share the cost.

I will start new Thread shortly asking for prospective attendees. Depending on the situation at the time we may be limited on numbers.

Camping will be in a field, with portaloos, no running water but I will arrange for a water run every lunch time ish.

Weyhey!!!

Restrictions permitting, I'd be up for this.

Me too well done that man

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    The HW30 I've got is the one that you picked up for me from Nick, oldskools, on the way to Quigley Hollow a few years ago.

I've been using it down our club, when we could , at 10m for plinking on the indoor range, and further distances on the 50m outdoor range. Great little guns, - mine is .177, blued and synthetic black stock
    Thought I could feel me ears burning

Crikey Paul that was a while back, glad you are still enjoying it

From memory I think that 30 was only a few weeks old and in true oldskoolzzz fashion if it’s not nailed down I’m a very naughty boy

Coincidentally I’ve purchased another HW30 back in late November last year.

I imported a very tasty looking HW30STL version from Mundilar in one of those latest fandango stocks

I’m a sucker for the 30 must have had double figures of them now but I can’t think of anything better for my needs it’s a brilliant 10m garage gun and been perfect for some Bell Target training.

I must be due a return for another bash Tony? As you know it took years of persuading to finally get me to do one a couple of years back

Think my requirements were must be 20 degrees plus and bright blue skies which ruled them out most of the time

Hope you are well Tone and I’ll keep tabs on your thread

Great stuff Neil.

Just dreaming of all those springers and the people who know all about them gathered together again is enough to lift the gloom of winter, I will need something pretty desperate to keep me away from the next one. And a chance to get a few ideas on what might be my next project would be wonderful. Bring it on!

Quote Originally Posted by evert View Post
    A .177 Webley Mk3 would be tolerable

But seriously, it would not be hard to get the wife to come with me if she gets her library dream fulfilled, and I'd have an excuse other than just my airgun mania.
    As I say, watch this space, young sir. Once the situation allows we'll nail down a date which will hopefully allow enough time to get some feelers out for the acquisition of your desired Webley(s).
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by john bailey View Post
    Yes still there, rode past it this morning
    Brilliant news!

There was a time a few years ago when, apparently, a nocturnal spring monkey was placing them all over the shire.

By the way, I hope your riding attire doesn't resemble that shown in your avatar.. Nasty, that gravel rash.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post
    Here you are Tony! Put a spring in your step.

Hee har!

Let's have a Boingy thing on this page too.

BOING!

The wife is dreaming about visiting the library in Birmingham...
    So I'm hoping that any potential Boinger-Bash will be held in a place which makes it possible to visit both places.

But someone will have to sell me a .177" Longbow I could bring home afterwards
    A .177 Webley Mk3 would be tolerable

But seriously, it would not be hard to get the wife to come with me if she gets her library dream fulfilled, and I'd have an excuse other than just my airgun mania.
    Just wondering if either, or both, could be secured on your behalf from Pete's Kempton event and safely kept for you until you visit?

Quote Originally Posted by gtfreight View Post
    I'm thinking an occasional "ping" instead of a "boing" would be welcome on the thread. There are quite a few people there (myself included) who bring along pcps.

Thanks for starting this thread Tony, it gives us something to look forward to, wherever the event may be, it will be a welcome return.
    It will also be great to meet up with you all again to enjoy the banter as much as anything else.
    Thanks, Gary.

It'll be lovely to see you and young Emma again. As you say, it can't come soon enough, but that glimmer of light is winking at us from the other end of the tunnel.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Hello Tone,

We're all OK here thanks, and I hope all is ok with you and your family.

I've been using it down our club, when we could , at 10m for plinking on the indoor range, and further distances on the 50m outdoor range. Great little guns, - mine is .177, blued and synthetic black stock 8

I've got four HW45's now

1 - Standard .177
    2 - Silver Star .177 with fettled internals
    3 - Silver Star .22
    4 - Black Star .22

All purchased off BBS members
    All okay here thanks, Paul.

I'd forgotten all about collecting your 30S from, Nick.. It happens with age, y'know.

I have the same gun, .177 in synthetic, plus another 3 30Ss. Two of those bought from Nick, also. Lovely little gems of rifles.

But I only have ONE HW45.....a .22. And I've been wanting another. 177 for ages, to replace one that I stupidly let go in the early 90s.. Your collection of 45s sounds fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

Great to see you on, Neil. And well done on your vital role in the essential sector. As Mark, should be okay for that, subject to restrictions etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluefan View Post
    Me too well done that man
    Luvverly jubberlies and great to see you on, Gav.