Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boinger Bash Lounge

Quote Originally Posted by NewPaul View Post
    Oi !!
    Love ya little bruv.xxxxx
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by Neil54 View Post
    Hi Everyone,

I hope you are well and coping with the lockdown.
    Personally, apart from going to the pub nothing much has changed for me, except I am now an essential worker. For those who don't know I am the caretaker at a local school which has been open for the children of essential workers, so I still get up every morning.

I have made enquiries with a local land owner and a farmer as to the possibility of holding a meeting.
    The response is positive and we have a narrow window of opportunity between the hay being cut and the birds being released on the local shoot.
    The best dates for me would be the 26th and 27th June, the previous weekend being given the UKCAF to help share the cost.
    We have a possible plan B and alternative location plan C.

So 26th and 27th June 2021
    Between the A606 and A46, Nether Broughton near Melton Mowbray.

I will start new Thread shortly asking for prospective attendees. Depending on the situation at the time we may be limited on numbers.

Camping will be in a field, with portaloos, no running water but I will arrange for a water run every lunch time ish.

Lots to sort out but I will let you all know soon.

Neil; do excuse me. I must take more time and read the posts properly.

When I first read this I thought this was for a UKCAF meet. But I've just re-read it (that'll teach me!) and it looks like this provision would be for a Boinger Bash then?

EXCELLENT! Yes, indeedy. Good, central location, too.

Let us know how and when things progress and what assistance you require.

You're a star!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

More springy things for this page, too.

BOING!

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Wow! That's a hell of a HW pistol collection there, Paul.

I just have the HW45 mentioned, HW40 and HW70. I must get that .177 '45. And I'd also love a 75 one day.

Then a Feinwerkbau 65 and Walther LP53 one day and that'll about do me, pistol wise.
    Up we go with a morning BOING

As it happens, a bought an immaculate FWB 65 with all its accessories and paperwork a few years ago from a BBS member in Sheffield.
    It was worth the trip up to collect it and have a chat with a fellow pistol shooter.
    They really are fantastic pistols and I’ve used mine in the BBS MPL 6yd pistol comps.

We did have a LP53 knocking about down our club somewhere I haven’t seen it for ages so I will try and locate it when we reopen.

BOING
    Last edited by Paul SE; 24-02-2021 at 07:27 AM.
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

All good, cheers, Nick, and great to see you on.

And very well done on acquiring yet another 30.. Just make sure you keep this one, okay?

Fear ye not, whenever and wherever the Bash will be, we'll be basking in glorious, baking sunshine.
    Cheers Tone,

I’m reluctant to call it a keeper as that word doesn’t exist when I buy anything

I will try and be a good boy though

Now if you can fix the weather sounds perfect

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post

Yes mate, it was a while ago, and the rifle is still
    doing fine

I hope all is OK with you.

In fact it’s been used just as much by other club members as me during our plinking sessions

Incidentally I’ve found that RWS Meisterkugeln 7.0grn group very well with it, the usual and as expected single hole groups at 10m.

I wouldn’t mind another one in .22, and I had a look at the website that you’ve mentioned but many guns are out of stock

BOING
    Great stuff Paul,

Sounds like it’s been serving you and your club members very well

I’m due to do a pellet order soon I’ll stick some Meisterkugeln 7.0grn in the mix and give them a whirl

Regards Mundilar I think a lot of places are waiting to be stocked up again from zee Germans and I’m not sure how the system is set up since the B word with import taxes etc

Luckily it was easy back in November and very much hassle free.

You could always ask Tone if he fancies selling Soft Cock

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    Up we go with a morning BOING

As it happens, a bought an immaculate FWB 65 with all its accessories and paperwork a few years ago from a BBS member in Sheffield.
    It was worth the trip up to collect it and have a chat with a fellow pistol shooter.
    They really are fantastic pistols and I’ve used mine in the BBS MPL 6yd pistol comps.

We did have a LP53 knocking about down our club somewhere I haven’t seen it for ages so I will try and locate it when we reopen.

BOING
    I'm dribbling just a little bit here.

Well done on the 65. I've always thought they look lovely and, of course, you expect them to be exquisitely engineered. Having a go with one or two in the past at Quigley Hollow only cemented those views.

It'd be really handy if you did manage to locate that Walther. Lovely things.

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Cheers Tone,

I’m reluctant to call it a keeper as that word doesn’t exist when I buy anything

I will try and be a good boy though

Now if you can fix the weather sounds perfect
    Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post

You could always ask Tone if he fancies selling Soft Cock
    Me sell the Soft Cock?. No, no, no, that can ever happen matey. The last time I sold a HW was back in the early 90s, the HW45, and I've been eating myself up ever since! These days, a tighter money situation combined with the strict rule of a Fun Prevention Officer () makes anything more difficult to replace. But Soft Cock really is a little gem. Must get it out for a play soon.

Now, and I know you'd be breaking the habit of a lifetime, but do be a good chap and make sure you keep that little 30.

I know you're reluctant to come and play unless we're going to be bathed in blue skies and 20 plus degrees C, but I'll put the request in when the time comes and we'll be sorted.

Love ya very little bruv.xxxxx
    Tony, you just won't let it go, will you?

But you've seen yourself just how cute and cuddly he is, Marky.

And lovely to see you two fine chaps on.

What type of thing would you think would be the makings of your next project, Mike?

And it's plain and obvious to see from all the views and comments so far how much The Boinger Bash means to so many special people.
    If only I knew! At the last Quigley bash (sigh), simply because I didn't have one, I bought a TX with the intention of getting Nick G to do something wonderful with it - almost certainly a sleeve to 22mm, or even 21 - his is very nice to shoot. But the sad fact is that although the TX is a very nice piece of kit, and I have tried it in both standard trim and short stroked, I have not really fallen in love with it. I think it knows this, and so just to annoy me sometimes it will group really nicely for a while, at other times it sends pellets all over the county (over 25 mm groups off the bench at 30 yards) . I don't really want to splash the cash on sleeving if I am not going to have I rifle I love at the end of it.

One possibility is to buy a LGU to be sleeved, but could that be better than the Nick G skirtless piston one I already have? Or perhaps I could get another LGV (I do like break barrels) but I find it hard to imagine anything nicer than the "simple tuned" one which you were kind about at Quigley. The idea is to end up with something doctored to put a smile on my face every time I squeeze the trigger. One day I will make my mind up.

I know exactly what you mean with reference to the TX, Mike.

I love the fact that it's British. And that it's so easy to work on. And so many enthusiasts and FT / HFT springer competitors can't be wrong. Right? Erm, dunno, but I do know that I prefer my HWs.. I won't be selling mine, but I don't think I'll ever feel the same bond as I do with my Weihrauchs.

What version is yours? There is every chance that, once suitably fettled you may bond better?

And your LGV is most certainly lovely.

P.S. With your love of break barrels, how about a Diana 280 as your next project? The last time I looked on the NM Products website they had them on offer at a very tempting price. Beautifully balanced sporter with the action set low in the stock. German and with an excellent trigger. I've tried one or two standard ones and also ones tuned by Wonkydonky and Bigtoe. All nice, especially the fettled ones.

I think you have the 98/95. How about a little 99? And if you've never fallen for the subtle charms of the sweet little 30S.....
    Last edited by TonyL; 24-02-2021 at 06:28 PM.

Morning all BOINGERS and up we go

Tony, you can keep your Soft Cock but it’s good of Nick to suggest that you might like to let it go

Another busy day at shirk for me, and maybe some HW45 plinkerage this afternoon

It’s good to see this thread getting plenty of attention and hopefully leading to some BOINGER events later on in the year.

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

Well, I did tell Nick to keep schtum about my Soft Cock, but suppose it's out in the open now!

But it's MY Soft Cock and I'm rather attached to it! Wot?

Well, I did tell Nick to keep schtum about my Soft Cock, but suppose it's out in the open now!

But it's MY Soft Cock and I'm rather attached to it! Wot?
    Haha

Blame brucie boy he created the beast