Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boinger Bash Lounge

I'd be happy if Tony kept his hard cock to himself too,,,, especially if he sleepwalks

Cant commit to June meeting as we don't know for certain if mad Nicky the ice queen of Scotland will allow us to travel outside our own areas by then

Quote Originally Posted by GrandadG View Post

New page; new springy thing.

BOING!
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.
    NEXT EVENT :- May 4/5, 2024.........BOING!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldskoolzzz View Post
    Haha

Blame brucie boy he created the beast
    Beast? More like a nice, soft, gentle puss cat.
    THE BOINGER BASH AT QUIGLEY HOLLOW. MAKING GREAT MEMORIES SINCE 15th JUNE, 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    I'd be happy if Tony kept his hard cock to himself too,,,, especially if he sleepwalks

Cant commit to June meeting as we don't know for certain if mad Nicky the ice queen of Scotland will allow us to travel outside our own areas by then
    Exactly what the missus says, Scott.

Let's see how things pan out re the timings. It's a long time until the Summer and it'll all depend on vaccination rates, infection rates, hospitalization rates, how people behave, new variants etc. But fingers crossed.

Managed to shoehorn a little plinky in earlier. Only the second of the year!.....A couple of weeks ago the HW70 came out for a quick and very pleasurable play down the hallway. And today I squeezed in an hour outside with the Mercury S and H&N Excites. One or two decent groups, not as good as last time, must get more practice in......I'd have a plink every day if you-know-who was more accommodating.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyL View Post
    Let's see how things pan out re the timings. It's a long time until the Summer and it'll all depend on vaccination rates, infection rates, hospitalization rates, how people behave, new variants etc. But fingers crossed.
    With all those variables that you mention Tone, plus any new Government guidance, we can only hope that everything gets back to some type of normal as soon as possible.

Neil54's mention of a Bash in June has reminded me that last year we were discussing holding 'Guest Days' at our range for AIRGUNS only.
    Nothing happened last year because of the Covid 19 situation, but when lockdown is lifted and the club reopens, I will mention the idea again.

While the ambiance would not be quite like a Boinger Bash at Quigley Hollow , we can offer shooting outside to 50m, plus in an indoor 25m range and 2 x 10m indoor ranges
    We have full kitchen facilities and disabled access throughout the whole site, plus there are camping sites and plenty of B&B's nearby if folks have travelled a fair distance and wanted to make a short break of the seaside and shooting

I will keep members posted with any plans......

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay
    http://www.sanddtsc.org.uk/

That club of yours sounds excellent, Paul.. Wish I lived closer.

I know exactly what you mean with reference to the TX, Mike.

I love the fact that it's British. And that it's so easy to work on. And so many enthusiasts and FT / HFT springer competitors can't be wrong. Right? Erm, dunno, but I do know that I prefer my HWs.. I won't be selling mine, but I don't think I'll ever feel the same bond as I do with my Weihrauchs.

What version is yours? There is every chance that, once suitably fettled you may bond better?

And your LGV is most certainly lovely.

P.S. With your love of break barrels, how about a Diana 280 as your next project? The last time I looked on the NM Products website they had them on offer at a very tempting price. Beautifully balanced sporter with the action set low in the stock. German and with an excellent trigger. I've tried one or two standard ones and also ones tuned by Wonkydonky and Bigtoe. All nice, especially the fettled ones.

I think you have the 98/95. How about a little 99? And if you've never fallen for the subtle charms of the sweet little 30S.....
    Some really good thoughts there Tony, thank you. I won't be selling the TX either, but it does come third in line after the Walthers and the Weihrauchs. But I do like your suggestion of a 280, I haven't got a Diana and something new is always interesting. I might well look out for one as a starting point for something really nice. Perhaps we will be able to get out and try one before too long.

The Diana 34 seems much loved and receives lots of praise from some very knowledgable people on the BBS, Mike. If you were to have a look on the Solware site, they are showing a fair few Diana models, including the 280, 34 Classic and 350 Magnum.. Big Bill, "purl", is the manager there. Lovely chap and Bash attendee.

That club of yours sounds excellent, Paul.. Wish I lived closer.
    It is indeed a nice club with good facilities and about 5 minutes from home

There are a few airgun shooters in the club, and we do (did ) have some good plinking sessions on Saturdays before the lockdown situation.

Yesterday I had a plink with both of my HW45 Silver Stars, and my boxed 1970’s .177 Wobbly Hurricane

I remember when I was a sprog and getting into airguns, thinking that the Hurricane was a fair sized pistol but now compared with the HW45’s it seems quite moderately sized. I don’t think that mine has had many pellets through it, as it came complete with a nearly full Webley pellet tin and some original Webley targets. There doesn’t seem to be much sign of use on the pistol either.
    It has all the original purchase documents with it too

BOING
    ATB, Paul
    Always looking for new members at the Swalecliffe and District TSC in sunny Herne Bay

flyingfish is online now I may only have 5 but I have the best 5
    Good morning all
    Vernal you are welcome to spend an hour with my Nick G 21mm TX200 at the next Bash.
    Well done Neil, Reading this is the best news in a long time
    Pete

Welcome to the lounge, Pete.

Hope you're keeping well.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul SE View Post
    It is indeed a nice club with good facilities and about 5 minutes from home

There are a few airgun shooters in the club, and we do (did ) have some good plinking sessions on Saturdays before the lockdown situation.

Yesterday I had a plink with both of my HW45 Silver Stars, and my boxed 1970’s .177 Wobbly Hurricane

I remember when I was a sprog and getting into airguns, thinking that the Hurricane was a fair sized pistol but now compared with the HW45’s it seems quite moderately sized. I don’t think that mine has had many pellets through it, as it came complete with a nearly full Webley pellet tin and some original Webley targets. There doesn’t seem to be much sign of use on the pistol either.
    It has all the original purchase documents with it too

BOING
    That Hurricane sounds nice, Paul.

I also have a very nice little Brum Tempest which provides much enjoyment.

Do you still also have the Umarex S&W revolver? I remember having a go wth it at a previous Bash and it being very accurate. Possibly the most accurate of all the CO2 replica pistols if I remember correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by flyingfish View Post
    Good morning all
    Vernal you are welcome to spend an hour with my Nick G 21mm TX200 at the next Bash.
    Well done Neil, Reading this is the best news in a long time
    Hello Pete,

Hope you're keeping well.... might see you at the next Bash....wherever it may be
    ATB, Paul

That Hurricane sounds nice, Paul.

I also have a very nice little Brum Tempest which provides much enjoyment.

Do you still also have the Umarex S&W revolver? I remember having a go wth it at a previous Bash and it being very accurate. Possibly the most accurate of all the CO2 replica pistols if I remember correctly?
    I'm on the lookout for a nice Brum .22 Tempest

I remember a mate having one years ago that he stripped and relubed with Dri-Slide, SM50 and LT2. It ended up much smoother to cock and fire than it was from the factory; I'm sure he paid about £30 for it out of his Mum's catalogue

And yes, I still do have the S&W revolver, and a fine beast it is too - it's another pistol that has proved popular down the club

BOING
    ATB, Paul