Thread: Turkish Tempest differences

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Theres no Turkish Tempest in the book cause its not a Webley its a turk..
    It shouldnt be in there, nor should the other later turk airrifles
    Another difference between uk and turk tempest should be the rollpins used; massive vs hollow.
    Imo, maybe the only improvement the turk has over the uk version
    You can recognise a turk easily by its looks, its matte instead of shiny and I think grips arent the same either
    ATB,
    yana

I had been disappointed with accuracy of the T-tempest in comparison with my senior - caused by very varied power, so full strip and noticed how extremely stiff the piston/seal was. On examination saw leading edge of seal had I assumed been chamfered very rough, I assume to enable it to enter the bore. Anyway, progressively emeried the seal till it was a smooth fit, then lubed (a touch of Nicks bumslide) & reassembled. Cocking much smoother, firing felt 'nicer' (and quieter!?), with consistent power (3.8 with JSB RS) and finally within my limited shooting powers has at last become reliably accurate - where before was a shotgun spread.

barrel is offline Work is the refuge of people who have nothing better to do
    Quote Originally Posted by hwtyger View Post
    Theres no Turkish Tempest in the book cause its not a Webley its a turk..
    It shouldnt be in there, nor should the other later turk airrifles
    Another difference between uk and turk tempest should be the rollpins used; massive vs hollow.
    Imo, maybe the only improvement the turk has over the uk version
    You can recognise a turk easily by its looks, its matte instead of shiny and I think grips arent the same either
    Having had Birmingham Tempests and Turkish Tempests I would say that from a quality standpoint they are both the same. I would love to be able to say differently but that's the reality. Turkish Tempests get knocked for no other reason than they are Turkish which seems unfair to me.

Kindest regards

Barrel
    IF I WALKED ON WATER PEOPLE WOULD SAY I COULD NOT SWIM !

Dont start with racism on me
    Tried a Turk tempest once at a gunshop, couldnt even decently get my hand underneath the barrel to cock it. Theyre way oversprung.
    Gave it back to the gunshop owner. Never looked back. Still have my collection of uk tempests, typhoon and hurricane. Would like to have a Finale Tempest but only out of curiosity and they look nice, boxed and all.
    Doesnt really matter what the quality is of recent Webley stuff.
    Webley is, or was, a UK brand. No matter whát the quality máy be of the turks, it still is not, nor will ever be, a uk Webley. And it is valued by most as such.(as hatsans).
    And if the Tempest is the same quality as the webley-hatsan rifles....it certainly is NOT same quality by fár. (had a turk Longbow SE and still have various UK Tomahawks)
    If you want Hatsan, but Hatsan. If you want a Webley, buy sechand. My 2cnts
    ATB,
    yana

I've just sold my new Turk and replaced it with a vgc Brummie gun

Oersonally, it's chalk and cheese; I love the newly acquired pistol...