Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Britannia 2021 update

WoW!!!

I would love to try it out

Quote Originally Posted by Abasmajor View Post
    It's a pity that the much-muted possibility of a modern reproduction of the Webley Mk2 air rifle failed to materialise. It would be great if something like that or this beautiful Brittania could be produced at commercially viable price.

Brian
    The New MK2 was doomed from the start despite being modeled by an Airgun Adonis

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    and that whole issue with interchageable barrels and power could easily have been sorted with some basic engineering
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Quote Originally Posted by ptdunk View Post
    He's pretty much done it, amazing work. wish I had these kind of skills...
    I've sent him links to the wonderfull pistol patent repro's that ccdjg made and he thinks they are fantastic and didn't know anyone else did this sort of thing.

If i'm ever in northern Europe I'll have to pop in and have a go!
    I'll keep you posted, Matt
    Perhaps you could send him info on the Jongman Zealandia Matt?
    He may be interested to pursue that design/creation?
    I have sent you a poor video and an image of the mk2+

Thumbs up

Very well done. I like the combination of the old design fabricated from scratch and improved using modern technology.

Quote Originally Posted by Binners View Post
    The New MK2 was doomed from the start despite being modeled by an Airgun Adonis

That’s a fantastic “police warn the public not to approach this man” pose you have there Peter!
    Morally flawed

I think at the time Binners was trying to get Guy Ritchie to cast him in one of his films
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Superb bit of work.

Fabulous work!
    Welcome to the forum.
    Rich.
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

Quote Originally Posted by Robert j View Post

Hello all of you,
    I am Robert j from the Netherlands who was inspired by Matt's beautiful video about the Britannia. Based on his information, I redrawn and recreated a Britannia-vintage style rifle 2021. For me, I was especially curious about the inventor Fred Cox back 1902. He must have been a true genius. He was way ahead of his time. To check his train of thought, I think it's really cool to rediscover his development and discover the problems he was confronted with. Now, I'm not much of a social media hero myself, but Matt says that shouldn't be a problem here. Matt, thank you very much for all your help during this project and as I read here, also the people who helped through Matt. I am very satisfied with the final result and have enjoyed the fabrication which is far from over. I had blued the rifle but was not satisfied with it. Last week I had the large parts nickel plated and that resulted in a perfect finish. I am now in the making and improving with a 2nd Britannia of which the trigger mechanism will come with a new design.
    Outstanding work, Robert!

I took the liberty of reproducing the pics Matt posted here:

https://forum.vintageairgunsgallery....ritannia-copy/

Vintage Airguns Gallery
    ..Above link posted with permission from Gareth W-B
    In British slang an anorak is a person who has a very strong interest in niche subjects.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert j View Post

Hello all of you,
    I am Robert j from the Netherlands who was inspired by Matt's beautiful video about the Britannia. Based on his information, I redrawn and recreated a Britannia-vintage style rifle 2021. For me, I was especially curious about the inventor Fred Cox back 1902. He must have been a true genius. He was way ahead of his time. To check his train of thought, I think it's really cool to rediscover his development and discover the problems he was confronted with. Now, I'm not much of a social media hero myself, but Matt says that shouldn't be a problem here. Matt, thank you very much for all your help during this project and as I read here, also the people who helped through Matt. I am very satisfied with the final result and have enjoyed the fabrication which is far from over. I had blued the rifle but was not satisfied with it. Last week I had the large parts nickel plated and that resulted in a perfect finish. I am now in the making and improving with a 2nd Britannia of which the trigger mechanism will come with a new design.
    This is the best first post in the history of the bbs
    Morally flawed

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry Cornelius View Post
    This is the best first post in the history of the bbs
    By a country mile!!!

Near Wimbledon, SW London, or Lusaka, Zambia
    Welcome Dutch Robert
    Always looking for any cheap, interesting, knackered "project" guns. Thanks, JB.

Welcome aboard Robert!

This is a great place, lots to learn and a nice bunch of people.

All the best,

Matt

Very, very, impressed

Thank you for sharing.