Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: buying from europe or china, is anyone risking it?

buying from europe or china, is anyone risking it?

As someome that prior to christmas/brexit i always had the postie knocking the door with something i'd bought from a far away land, 2 months on i've ordered nothing since 31 dec, i gather there are lots of problems and delays at customs, and some people are having to pay vat twice, i get the feeling shipping to the uk will be a destination lots won't bother to ship to soon.

I realise this is minor compared to fishermen who seemed to have been screwed, the eu are happy to get a fishing agreement to fish in our waters but wont buy our produce after buying it for forty years, apologies if the subject is not for the forum.

I have continued to buy from China and things are still arriving.
    I bought an alternator that had to come from Germany. Took three weeks but it arrived, VAT paid upfront apparently.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

at least 3 people have air pistols seized as RIF and the police visited them.

two got theirs in the end but one is fighting with the border force at present. "Border force seized my latest " purchase on the other forum if you are a member.

6 police have been to see him in 3 visits.

Us knife sellers wont send to the UK as most get sent back by the borders force.

they are legal to own knives that are being sent but customs are stopping them.

shipping in general at the minute is crazy, the worst place currently is germany!
    I wanna be the airgunbbs Model

Quote Originally Posted by woodmister View Post
    shipping in general at the minute is crazy, the worst place currently is germany!
    Oh dear I have 2500 knives to send to Solingen for grinding

I've had a few deliveries from Aliexpress....no problems or charges, got my new Huma reg through this week, again no problems..

tinbum is offline Killer Vampire Lesbians on scooters
    I have been trying to send springs to the UK warehouse but uk customs bounce them back?
    We have registered as importers/exporters in France and the UK, I have all the necessary EORI registration and we filled in the 15 pages of documentation required in triplicate, but still it was returned? Twice!

I wouldn't order from the EU until the dust has settled and/or the uk rejoins the EU.

I had a order in with Kral in the Netherlands back in November 2020 for a air pistol it only got delivered this week after many export-warehouse scans --delays to brexit "so they say" then attention needed from Customs oh and import vat charges --when I opened the box the invoice stated ---PRE BREXIT order I had given it up as lost a few times and then thinking customs were not allowing it I have lost the interest at the moment so haven't tried it --It is a pp 750 so they could not say it a was a ITF and seize it like they have with a few lately

Sportswaffen Schneider website says that they are currently not posting to the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by hawkdriver View Post
    As someome that prior to christmas/brexit i always had the postie knocking the door with something i'd bought from a far away land, 2 months on i've ordered nothing since 31 dec, i gather there are lots of problems and delays at customs, and some people are having to pay vat twice, i get the feeling shipping to the uk will be a destination lots won't bother to ship to soon.

I realise this is minor compared to fishermen who seemed to have been screwed, the eu are happy to get a fishing agreement to fish in our waters but wont buy our produce after buying it for forty years, apologies if the subject is not for the forum.
    I got stung this week for vat and import duties from last june. £30 for some thing i cannot remember now what i bought. Its a no from me from now on.

Having squeezed in a first order from Krale in early December to treat myself to an Xmas pressie before brexit, I consider myself lucky. Both because I got my delivery quickly without hassle, and because it was such a good experience I would be spending a lot more with them but for the current debacle!

Time to make the most of what I have already rather than dropping a lot of Euros on a Steyr that is haunting me right now
    WANTED: Next weeks winning lottery numbers :-)

My mrs has bought some clothes (jumpers & Jodhpurs) from Germany and hoss stuff from Belgium, the german orders seem to have been processed easily with UK VAT taken at sale but the Belgain sellers seem to not be interested (possibly awaiting chineese deliveries)

I've just bought some car parts from California so will discover the import costs associated with this purchase

Rich.
    Rich. https://i.imgur.com/6sXOoGi.jpg my MPR's & mk1 TX200
    repeat Burris owner (now have 8)

Quote Originally Posted by R0B View Post
    I've had a few deliveries from Aliexpress....no problems or charges, got my new Huma reg through this week, again no problems..
    Also use Ali Express, 22 items ordered 02/02/21, with Chinese New Year expected delays and possible UK customs, vat charges. Al be it in dribs & drabs got all but one item by last weekend with no additional,charges or items opened.
    Varied items Inc petrol strimmer spares, memory cards, "training" M16 Bayonet- rubber blade (compliment my M16 Umarex) thought this would be opened/sized, but no ! hairdressing cape (partner does family hair) jewellery for grand daughters etc
    At work we import stone from our quarries / factories in Europe & further. November cost us $1500 for container from India & China, if we could get them this month - $8,000 each! No Brexit, HMRC issues importing so far this year, few more than usual containers resealed after customs examination , just backlog at ports , easing now since last month.
    Last edited by Kuyajonathan; 26-02-2021 at 11:18 AM.

Bought a 4 figure item from Germany, it’s yet to ship but that’s expected. Vat removed at sale and will be added at customs. A couple of other sellers doing the same. But it was nice to get a few bits in from a private sale before jan 1st as these would have had vat added. I think that’s where it’s going to sting, 2nd hand sakes in/out of the Eu.

Quote Originally Posted by zedman View Post
    My mrs has bought some clothes (jumpers & Jodhpurs) from Germany and hoss stuff from Belgium, the german orders seem to have been processed easily with UK VAT taken at sale but the Belgain sellers seem to not be interested (possibly awaiting chineese deliveries)

I've just bought some car parts from California so will discover the import costs associated with this purchase

Rich.
    update....

the Jumpers were ordered ~4 days ago, marked as dispatched yesterday & delivered (by Parcelforce) today. not bad from Germany

Rich.
    Rich. https://i.imgur.com/6sXOoGi.jpg my MPR's & mk1 TX200
    repeat Burris owner (now have 8)