Quote Originally Posted by leetrenchard View Post

The ram itself is 300mm in length with a diameter of 19mm. Gone through my old springs and found a Weihrauch one that is 19mm o/d and about 255 length.

This has worked with 14mm of slip washers in the piston end, the spring sits on top of the trigger block as its too big to slip into the block as the ram does.

It cocks and fire smoothly, with the ram it was at 645 fps average/7.67 ftlbs with superdomes (.177), with the spring and absolutely minimal preload its at 735 fps/10ftlbs

So, can anybody recommend a spring? needs to be 19 o/d and 300mm or more? hopefully the 19 will fit inside the trigger block and not rest on the top, will make a guide for it when I can borrow a lathe.
Quote Originally Posted by leetrenchard View Post
That would help.

The trigger is in a cast rear section that pins I to the rear of the cylinder. It has a 19mm hollow in it where the ram/spring guide goes.

So the spring guide would have to have a short 19mm section tapering down to the guide rod to fit in a 19mm o/d spring.
Ah, just thinking, although without the benefit of having all the parts to hand.......The gun will obviously work with the spring anyway, so no issues with anything interfering with sear operation? So, maybe, the "fix" might be even simpler? Guessing it's the 25mm bore Gamo base as opposed to larger. The trigger block (and maybe a "boss" within?) is held in? How about a nice, substantial plain 25mm diameter polished washer ahead of the trigger unit. About 3mm thick? Then the guide can be either a one or two piece affair, with the "flange" section being 25mm and the guide portion to suit the spring id? Even a TX one could be used then. Or is this too simplistic?

Just thinking; hope this helps and/or gives food for thought.