Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fx T 12 or Camo GX 40 ?.

Fx T 12 or Camo GX 40 ?.

Hi guys. Hope everyone is well! I知 trying to make a decision on whether to buy the FXT 12 or the gamma GX 40, any other recommendations would be welcome, my budget is 」500, the Fx I知 looking at is secondhand, but it痴 practically new.
    I知 not new to shooting but I知 new to PCPs.
    It will be interesting to see what people think, many thanks. Dave.

Fx t12 I personally would.
    I don't think there's nothing wrong with the gamo, just I'd buy a decent secondhand than a budget new.
    That said if the fx ain't been serviced in a while, you might have to budget a price in for that, where the gamo would come with a warranty....
    Super soaker 3000 (water), nerf fang (foam), noisy cricket (energy), m41a pulse rifle (10x24), Gat gun (.177)

Quote Originally Posted by bu dave View Post
    Hi guys. Hope everyone is well! I知 trying to make a decision on whether to buy the FXT 12 or the gamma GX 40, any other recommendations would be welcome, my budget is 」500, the Fx I知 looking at is secondhand, but it痴 practically new.
    I bought a new GX40 -it had a fault -magazine bar was loose so mag wouldn't load every time
    Returned to dealer - they said sorry, swapped it - new one fine and actually full power - i.e. tops out at 11.7 with efficient pellets and knocks pretty much any pellet out at 11 or 11 plus
    I paid 300 quid, and still have nearly 2 years G Tee

I wonder what would have happened with a s/h rifle ...

I suspect the FX is more refined in manufacture, but new is new and a Gtee is a Gtee
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    I bought a new GX40 -it had a fault -magazine bar was loose so mag wouldn't load every time
    Returned to dealer - they said sorry, swapped it - new one fine and actually full power - i.e. tops out at 11.7 with efficient pellets and knocks pretty much any pellet out at 11 or 11 plus
    I paid 300 quid, and still have nearly 2 years G Tee

I wonder what would have happened with a s/h rifle ...

I suspect the FX is more refined in manufacture, but new is new and a Gtee is a Gtee
    Thanks for your input, much appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Strimmer View Post
    Fx t12 I personally would.
    I don't think there's nothing wrong with the gamo, just I'd buy a decent secondhand than a budget new.
    That said if the fx ain't been serviced in a while, you might have to budget a price in for that, where the gamo would come with a warranty....
    Many thanks for your input, much appreciated.

T12

I have an FX typhoon in .177 which is the single shot version of the T12. Mine had the smooth twist barrel which was ok to about 45 yards with 4.53 jsb's but after that, regardless of pellets, groups opened up considerably. I put a weihrauch barrel on it and that made it better in my opinion.
    A friend has the T12 with an ordinary rifled barrel. That one's quite old but is still good.
    They are quite straightforward guns and both have been reliable. Mine was (is) quite easy to work on but I haven't had to do anything to it in 3 years or so now.
    HFT out to 45 yards perfectly good enough. Don't think I'd expect to pay more than 」350 second hand though for the bare gun.
    Last edited by egghead; 01-03-2021 at 01:11 PM. Reason: spelling

The t12 has a really nice trigger and silky smooth action, mine has never wanted for anything in the time I have owned it and stayed charged with no leaks or other gripes even when left for extended periods of time. Not shot the Gamo so cannot compare but on the more modern Gamo bsa springers they were not as nice as the older British made versions with more plastic than I would have liked.

Oh and if you can get the t12 with a wood stock they feel much nicer than the synthetic stock version unless you are going for a decent wander with it then the lighter synthetic stock is probably better.

https://www.rangeandcountry.co.uk/gamo-gx40-6607-p.asp

I got mine from here some shops seem to be a bit OTT on the price, or maybe these folk just bought lots of them

My thread below may be generally helpful / interesting for you:

http://www.airgunbbs.com/showthread....-Gamo-or-NP-02

Hello, there is a FX T 12 on gun trader with mamba scope and FX pump, 」325

Many thanks for all the info guys. I致e decided to go all out and get something really good! What would people recommendWith a budget of around about 1000-ish maybe a little bit more?

Many thanks for all the info guys. I致e decided to go all out and get something really good! What would people recommendWith a budget of around about 1000-ish maybe a little bit more?

Personally nice simple BSA scorpion with a JB Blueprint - not much to go wrong ! Rifle plus work, plus scope, plus pump/bottle may be within 1K or very nearly

I think AA are OTT with prices now, other good rifles that people like are HW100s, I'd buy one in 20 cal if so ......

Not sure I'd buy an airgun for much more than 500-600 quid myself, but Hw100s and BSA R10's are best part of a grand now if those are the kinda things you want
    I prefer simple, non reg'd rifles........

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    Personally nice simple BSA scorpion with a JB Blueprint - not much to go wrong ! Rifle plus work, plus scope, plus pump/bottle may be within 1K or very nearly

I think AA are OTT with prices now, other good rifles that people like are HW100s, I'd buy one in 20 cal if so ......

Not sure I'd buy an airgun for much more than 500-600 quid myself, but Hw100s and BSA R10's are best part of a grand now if those are the kinda things you want
    I prefer simple, non reg'd rifles........
    Thanks for your input. I really do like the r 10th everything about it is right for me.
    However don稚 know anything about the reliability!

Thanks for your input. I really do like the r 10th everything about it is right for me.
    However don’t know anything about the reliability!

Some are great, others the regs don't last so well.
    Some folk put in new / custom regs from new, others don't
    That's about it really

My only regg'd rifle the reg packed in and it went to JB for an upgrade, but then again I had my Scorpian Blueprinted from new, which actually have less issues, although mine arrived doing just under 10ftlbs with heavies so would have had to go back under warranty for that anyway

I personally if spending 'wonga' on a new pcp would only do it in person, in a shop where they chrono it in front of me, before I walk off with it. If they can't be arsed, I'd suggest finding a shop that can be -

totaly agree with above