Thread: HW80. Foresight.

HW80. Foresight.

Did all the HW80 barrels have foresight grooves ?

Cant member seeing them on my nephews HW80 k from the 90s. The mk 1 I got in a swap today has them.

It's a 82-83 MK1.

Shabby but it's a bunny gun so looks are not important.

I think so, before the screw cut modern ones anyway. They look to have them on here.
    https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24572/HW80/

Quote Originally Posted by hillbill View Post
    I think so, before the screw cut modern ones anyway. They look to have them on here.
    https://www.gunspares.co.uk/products/24572/HW80/
    Cheers Bill.

I did look there before posting but assume that the diagram is from when they first appeared. Things have changed and maybe they dropped the grooves.

My HW99S had the grooves mind you.

I cant honestly remember if my nephews HW80 K had them .

In the parts list, there is the option for the normal barrel and the threaded one. The front sights on HW break barrels always had the little dovetail as far as i know. I have a mk1 HW80 here in bits im doing up, but the barrel has an adaptor to fit a silencer. I cant get the bugger off or i could tell you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by hillbill View Post
    In the parts list, there is the option for the normal barrel and the threaded one. The front sights on HW break barrels always had the little dovetail as far as i know. I have a mk1 HW80 here in bits im doing up, but the barrel has an adaptor to fit a silencer. I cant get the bugger off or i could tell you 100%.

My nephews was not screw cut as I used a bisley adaptor I had from the late 90s and used it with a cheap bisley moderator.
    Its bonded on so even if i asked my nephew to look he would have to get it off using heat or grips.

The one I got yesterday has no importer name on it. .

Before hull cartridge and edgar brothers I assume.

Quote Originally Posted by bighit View Post
    Did all the HW80 barrels have foresight grooves ?

Cant member seeing them on my nephews HW80 k from the 90s. The mk 1 I got in a swap today has them.

It's a 82-83 MK1.

Shabby but it's a bunny gun so looks are not important.
    My early .22 HW80 did have foresight groves, the end of the Barrel was cut off and threaded for a silencer at PAX Hugh Earl said pressing them in, effectively created a choke It has never been as accurate or consistent as on their sprung test bench using 14.2 grn Titan Blacks.
    AA S410K:Cardew modified Mk1 HW80 4mmTP, barrel shortened no choke Venom Tyrolean stock Titan Accelerator spring, TbT top hat & guide :CZ 16"bbl .22LR Varmint:12bore MOB O/U: Webley 812 auto:.308 Surgeon/Border barrel by Dave Wylde now Valkyrie Rifles BASC/NRA

80's barrel

Since 1981 when first introduced the factory 80 barrel and k have groves for a foresight unless they have been chopped at some point. Only the later screw cut barrels don't of course. Mach 1.5

Quote Originally Posted by Mach 1.5 View Post
    Since 1981 when first introduced the factory 80 barrel and k have groves for a foresight unless they have been chopped at some point. Only the later screw cut barrels don't of course. Mach 1.5
    Cheers. It may have been cut down then.