Thread: New Sub-Forum?

New Sub-Forum?

I was just wondering if there is an appetite for the above along the lines of a section where other categories of equipment and / or kit could be reviewed.

A question for moderators, (not about moderators).

For what though ?
    We have a Firearms review, Airgun review & optics review already, mind even so some people don't seem capable of putting a post in the correct place.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    For what though ?
    We have a Firearms review, Airgun review & optics review already, mind even so some people don't seem capable of putting a post in the correct place.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by angrybear View Post
    For what though ?
    Just "general kit and accessories" section I suppose; bags, clothing, bipods, sticks, ammo rim-centre-shot, glass other than tele's, mounts, cleaning, to suggest a few.

Cant see the point to be quite honest.

Just bumping this, because I think it’s an idea well worth considering.

I think a lot of us have an interest in outdoor/hunting clothing and footwear, knives/multi tools, range gear (everything from shooting mats to anemometers), spotting scopes, gun tools, rucksacks, etc.

Maybe a specific place to discuss that kind of thing might be useful?

I would have thought that General Airgun is be the place to discuss such things.

Lets be honest here, sub board hierarchy is ignored most of the time because things like "for sale" or "wanted" are usually posted in here anyway despite already having their own sub forums
    so while it might be nice for the members who are too lazy to search for relevant content to have a sub forum it also adds even more work to the mods who already have enough crap to deal with without moving even more posts around.

Sorry folks I honestly don't mean to be a dick about the issue but this forum is clean and relatively uncluttered, so where does it stop?

Do we have a rifle Manufacturers sub forum for each brand of air rifle, and the same for each pistol brand? and do we subdivide those even further into models and model versions?
    We will need a .177, .20, .22, .25, .30, & .35 calibre sub forum too,
    And one for slugs too because they're getting more mainstream,
    And let's not forget the different pellet brands we should have one for each of those....
    Then there are the power sources, Springer, CO2 and PCP shooters will all want their own boards and will probably want them subdivided with all the above options too

Ok I was going overboard there and yes I probably was being a dick about it too, but the question was real..... where do we stop?

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

I think a lot of us have an interest in outdoor/hunting clothing and footwear, knives/multi tools, range gear (everything from shooting mats to anemometers), spotting scopes, gun tools, rucksacks, etc.

interesting idea, I'd definitely have a browse.

I only look at the general section to be honest.
    I don't go in the anything else forum, too dangerous.
    I wouldn't mind seeing kit in the general section.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post

That was along the lines of my thoughts too. Not a multitude of sub forums, just the one with an "any other stuff" approach.

The sales section has guns, optics, anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott. View Post
    I would have thought that General Airgun is be the place to discuss such things.

Lets be honest here, sub board hierarchy is ignored most of the time because things like "for sale" or "wanted" are usually posted in here anyway despite already having their own sub forums
    so while it might be nice for the members who are too lazy to search for relevant content to have a sub forum it also adds even more work to the mods who already have enough crap to deal with without moving even more posts around.

Sorry folks I honestly don't mean to be a dick about the issue but this forum is clean and relatively uncluttered, so where does it stop?

Do we have a rifle Manufacturers sub forum for each brand of air rifle, and the same for each pistol brand? and do we subdivide those even further into models and model versions?
    We will need a .177, .20, .22, .25, .30, & .35 calibre sub forum too,
    And one for slugs too because they're getting more mainstream,
    And let's not forget the different pellet brands we should have one for each of those....
    Then there are the power sources, Springer, CO2 and PCP shooters will all want their own boards and will probably want them subdivided with all the above options too

Ok I was going overboard there and yes I probably was being a dick about it too, but the question was real..... where do we stop?
    See my previous post, my suggestion is for just one and not a multitude of subs which would indeed be a nightmare. I don't think you are being a Richard btw