Thread: Carbine. Can't decide.

Carbine. Can't decide.

I have 2 BSA Ultra MME's, both .22 one single shot one multi shot. Both gathering dust while I find a ratting permission. I love everything about them except for the low shot count. I can't decide whether to sell them on or suffer the low shot count when a permission comes up. I don't want to add a longer air tube so that suggestion is out. I also have a HW100 early rifle plus a S410. What I'm thinking of is if I got a HW100 or S410 carbine I could downsize x4 as the carbine version would double up for normal rifle duties as well as for possible ratting. The other option at the bottom of the list is a BSA Scorpion. I'm looking for something light & short. Shot count about 60 full power shots or more. As i mainly use my FAC air or powder the use of sub 12ftb is not that frequent. I'm in need of downsizing & scratching my head for the best option. Ratting & around farm buildings. Basically it's either sell / keep one Ultra & one rifle or get a carbine for combined duties & sell the 4 i have. Other carbine options will not be considered as I prefer either HW100 or S400/410. Scorpion last resort.
    Rabbit Stew, no artificial additives except lead.
    IF THE MUD REACHES YOUR KNEES GET OUT OF THE FIELD QUICK.
    WANTED. UNF MOD.

I’ve had the ultra, great gun but low shot count. Had the 410, nice but fiddly magazine. Have got the HW100 T, excellent gun and shot count, bit too long for stalking in woodland. Have got the HW100KT, excellent gun, good shot count (5 magazines, it has been to Blackmax for a tune), brilliant carbine. Have got the Scorpion SE, excellent gun with good shot count (70+),good length even with HW mod, but not as accurate as the HW100KT.
    I’ll always reach for the HW100KT, 14 shot mag, Quick and fool proof loading. But the scorpion is a very close second.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellycrawler View Post
    I have 2 BSA Ultra MME's, both .22 one single shot one multi shot. Both gathering dust while I find a ratting permission. I love everything about them except for the low shot count. I can't decide whether to sell them on or suffer the low shot count when a permission comes up. I don't want to add a longer air tube so that suggestion is out. I also have a HW100 early rifle plus a S410. What I'm thinking of is if I got a HW100 or S410 carbine I could downsize x4 as the carbine version would double up for normal rifle duties as well as for possible ratting. The other option at the bottom of the list is a BSA Scorpion. I'm looking for something light & short. Shot count about 60 full power shots or more. As i mainly use my FAC air or powder the use of sub 12ftb is not that frequent. I'm in need of downsizing & scratching my head for the best option. Ratting & around farm buildings. Basically it's either sell / keep one Ultra & one rifle or get a carbine for combined duties & sell the 4 i have. Other carbine options will not be considered as I prefer either HW100 or S400/410. Scorpion last resort.

BSA R10 Supercarbine, JB Blueprint - job done for you really
    Looking for TO-6 Trigger unit unmessed with or T0-6 kit for 34

Quote Originally Posted by PCPShooter View Post
    BSA R10 Supercarbine, JB Blueprint - job done for you really
    Bsa supercarbine is a great gun, excellent shot count and size. I had to sort the regulator out twice on my one, so a tune up is good idea.

yes that is a nice gun

Hi Bellycrawler,
    I would keep your MMC Ultra's.
    IMO, they are one of the best carbine hunting tools.
    This Bowketted one does 60 consistent shots at 11.4 ft/lbs using 15.89 gr JSB's.
    It has a slightly longer cylinder than standard, and a self regulating valve setup.
    I think a JB tune is worth every penny.
    This means you could continue to enjoy your Ultra's.
    Hope this helps.
    Cheers, Louis

Keep the ultras. You will regret selling them.
    You can get a buddy bottle to carry around if you think your going to shoot it empty.
    Sell the hw100.
    Repariere nicht, was nicht kaputtist.